DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA 2 Obstacle Avoidance Question

sns1227

Reactions
I have been building up the nerve to test the OAS on the MA2. Yesterday I flew directly at a tree with about a 12-inch diameter. There were no other obstacles except the tree. The MA2 chose to hover versus bypass. The app says that in bypass mode, the drone will either bypass or hover. Does anyone know what determines what action it will take? The sideways direction was not disabled. Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but I think it will bypass when following a subject in tracking mode but not if you’re just flying.

I have been building up the nerve to test the OAS on the MA2. Yesterday I flew directly at a tree with about a 12-inch diameter. There were no other obstacles except the tree. The MA2 chose to hover versus bypass. The app says that in bypass mode, the drone will either bypass or hover. Does anyone know what determines what action it will take? The sideways direction was not disabled. Thanks in advance.

Believe I saw a setting on Fly app to choose between over or around...

It will bypass if it has mapped a clear path around the object. Typically with a single tree, it will find its way around IF you started far enough back for it to map the sides beyond it. Try the test again, but start with the bird farther away from the tree and you'll probably get the action you desire (as long as it is in Bypass/normal mode/not in 4k 60, etc....)

Funny side story about the OA's on the MA2.

I'm used to hand launch / land the Spark and fly backwards to me to land in my hand.
The Spark only has forward and bottom OA.

First flight with the MA2 was flawless and when I came in backwards for the landing, it veered off to the side of me on two attempts until I landed from straight above. :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy