DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 MA-2 Slow Motion

The initial seconds of your vid show great slow motion.... good job. Feel like the other 8 minutes or so are a nice tour, but few will watch 8 minute drone captured vids.

Did you hire that bird to do that? It sure added to the beauty of the clip.

The initial seconds of your vid show great slow motion.... good job. Feel like the other 8 minutes or so are a nice tour, but few will watch 8 minute drone captured vids.
It is a nice video , but I agree that pretty much nobody will stay with it for 8 minutes. As I have documented on this forum numerous times, my Vimeo weekly statistical report shows that my videos are watched at the rate of 30%- e.g.: most viewers stop after 1/3rd of the way. I have a "FINISH" rate of less than 10%. Here is the current report attached.Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 12.54.34 PM.png

What do you suggest ? Whats the best format to keep viewers interested to the end ? Is it a couple of short clips , or just individual shots. Could you link me a couple of examples. I realise I capturing terbytes of videdo . Just overly eager to share all the footage I suppose. Always appreciate helpful critisism .

Great results using slow motion. I would agree 8 minutes a bit too long. 2 minutes is ideal.
Thanks for that feedback. But whats the best way to present a 20 flight in 2-3 mins? Whats the best way to cut it down to this time . Is it just very quick individual highlight shots ? Could you p.m me a example. I'd appreciate the proper editing advice .

Thanks for that feedback. But whats the best way to present a 20 flight in 2-3 mins? Whats the best way to cut it down to this time . Is it just very quick individual highlight shots ? Could you p.m me a example. I'd appreciate the proper editing advice .
I have already weighed in on this video , but I will just add that I try to aim for many short clips, in the range of 3 to 6 seconds and I try to keep the film around a total of 3 minutes. That seems like the sweet spot for most viewers in my opinion. The individual clips can be a bit longer if you are truly telling a story, e.g.: your drone is approaching its main subject Like a bridge, mountain top, etc. I try to keep all related clips together for the story, and not scatter them randomly. Classically, you start with a wide view, then an intermediate view, and then a close view. From my prior post on this thread, my Vimeo statistics reports repeatedly show me that most of my stuff is watched at about 50%, both for content and time. That is, people will watch about half of the film or less, and about 50% will never finish the entire film. My best work was recently published here (Miami RiverProject 2020) but I do not want to hijack this thread by attaching it. If you want to see it I can try to get it to you. It typifies the elements I try to adhere to in making films for this forum.

I will be sending my video to you on a private conversation.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I have already weighed in on this video , but I will just add that I try to aim for many short clips, in the range of 3 to 6 seconds and I try to keep the film around a total of 3 minutes. That seems like the sweet spot for most viewers in my opinion. The individual clips can be a bit longer if you are truly telling a story, e.g.: your drone is approaching its main subject Like a bridge, mountain top, etc. I try to keep all related clips together for the story, and not scatter them randomly. Classically, you start with a wide view, then an intermediate view, and then a close view. From my prior post on this thread, my Vimeo statistics reports repeatedly show me that most of my stuff is watched at about 50%, both for content and time. That is, people will watch about half of the film or less, and about 50% will never finish the entire film. My best work was recently published here (Miami RiverProject 2020) but I do not want to hijack this thread by attaching it. If you want to see it I can try to get it to you. It typifies the elements I try to adhere to in making films for this forum.

I will be sending my video to you on a private conversation.
Look forward to it . Many thanks for your guidance Kind Sir

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Excuse my ignorance but I don't know . It was the auto slow motion option in the video menu of my MA-2.
The auto selection I think is 1080/120.

You COULD use 4K60 and export it in 24fps for a "cinematic" look.

It's not as simple as point and shoot though.

(Dale knows his stuff, keep listening lol)

Go to my website... (Www.codyshoaf.myportfolio.com) and select the video tab.
Even THAT video couldn't keep people watching to the end.
Also, that video (2+ minutes), was about 2 weeks of flying.

Short clips, synced to music. Thats a good place to start.

The auto selection I think is 1080/120.

You COULD use 4K60 and export it in 24fps for a "cinematic" look.

It's not as simple as point and shoot though.

(Dale knows his stuff, keep listening lol)

Go to my website... (Www.codyshoaf.myportfolio.com) and select the video tab.
Even THAT video couldn't keep people watching to the end.
Also, that video (2+ minutes), was about 2 weeks of flying.

Short clips, synced to music. Thats a good place to start.
Ya thats for that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada