DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA 2 w/ Smart Controller (Find my drone)

CaseyK

Reactions
I'm fairly new to all of this. I bought the SC as part of the bundle and soon found I had no maps. I do not have Wifi to connect to and making my old iPhone a hot spot is counter to why I got the SC in the first place. So as it stands if I lost my Air 2, I would be without a drone. I do have my registration and phone attached to the drone. I did notice in very very small print on the map (that isn't there) what appeared to be coordinates. I activated the drone and created a home pt. and had my wife hide the drone in my orchard. I retrieved the coordinate using a magnifying glass and wrote them down. I got out my Garmin Zumo 559LM GPS and set it for (off road calculation), entered my coordinates and pressed go. The Zumo kept me inline to the drone, if I veered off it would give me a dashed line to follow. I saw the drone 15 ft. before getting to it but I kept going as if it was in tall grass. I was about 18 inches to one side of the drone rotated the Zumo and the arrow turned off just as I was above the Air 2. My Zumo is now a necessary piece of equipment needed to fly my drone. I repeated the process using my iPhone and found it isn't near as accurate. So for now, I'm a happy camper.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mdecker72