DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA Controller beeping while flying

derekcreates

Reactions
Question:

This past weekend I was up in the Sierra mountains and had several MA flights in temps ranging from 25-30 degrees. (Batteries always warm before launch and letting the drone warm up at hover mode before sorties.

About the 4th-5th time flying when the drone was about 100 ft in the air, my controller would beep similar to the beeps made when the battery is low. Battery was at 90ish% and no alerts or messages were on my viewer. I brought the drone done to visually inspect. Nothing. I put it back in the air, it beeped again so I brought it down. Again, nothing. Put it back in the air the 3rd time and no beeps. Been fine for about 6 flights afterwords.

Can anyone shed any insight?

Check out the video posted in the PHIOTOS VIDEOS thread.

Thanks in advance!

I noticed mine doing that the other day on take off. It was beeping rapidly. The battery was fine. I landed and took off again and same thing again. Never did figure it out. I'm wondering if it had anything to do with using the precision landing option. Is it beeping due to it storing the image of the take off already? It went away after a couple of minutes.
It wasn't the temp. It was about 68 degrees out.

Don

About the 4th-5th time flying when the drone was about 100 ft in the air, my controller would beep similar to the beeps made when the battery is low. Battery was at 90ish% and no alerts or messages were on my viewer.
Did you see any messages in the flight log? If you didn't check yet, you can upload and view it online here.

Did you see any messages in the flight log? If you didn't check yet, you can upload and view it online here.

Thanks, didn't even know this existed! The flight log on the app was fun to poke around with as well. Learning something new everyday is awesome!

I did download the log but it doesn't make a **** bit of sense to me. I'll add it here. (maybe I'm doing something wrong?)

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-19_[20-03-48].txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 6
I had something similar but in a different situation. I had the drone and controller turned on indoors (without props as I wasn't intending it to fly) as I wanted to fiddle with some settings in DJI Go. While the drone just sat there on the table, the controller suddenly gave a short burst of loud warning beeps while nothing out of the ordinary was being displayed onscreen in the app. It eventually stopped after a few seconds.

This happened to me twice. If this is caused by the same thing, then something unrelated to a flight itself might trigger it, since mine was just sitting static. Qoncussion's comment about the lack of enough satellites would make sense in this case.

I had something similar but in a different situation. I had the drone and controller turned on indoors (without props as I wasn't intending it to fly) as I wanted to fiddle with some settings in DJI Go. While the drone just sat there on the table, the controller suddenly gave a short burst of loud warning beeps while nothing out of the ordinary was being displayed onscreen in the app. It eventually stopped after a few seconds.

This happened to me twice. If this is caused by the same thing, then something unrelated to a flight itself might trigger it, since mine was just sitting static. Qoncussion's comment about the lack of enough satellites would make sense in this case.
If the controller is left *on*, without connecting to the drone - after a few minutes it sounds an alarm before shutting itself off. It'll also do it when the controller's battery reaches 15%.

In this case I had just connected it. I think the beep occurred about 30 seconds after I had opened DJI GO. I forgot to mention that the drone, controller and phone were fully charged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929