DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA drifting in little wind

Jamielee96

Reactions
Hey guys, just a quick question.
Got my new Mavic Air via DJI Care and all great until I noticed something this afternoon. Not sure if it is just me being overly picky or whether it is an issue.
I was flying above my house at 40m and I noticed the drone turning in the wind without me touching the controls. Is this normal? There was very little wind so flying conditions were good.
I've attached a video that demonstrates it.

It looks like the result of a small(ish) discrepancy between the compass and IMU yaw values, where the FC is turning the aircraft to attempt to align them. The DAT flight log from your mobile device would confirm if that is the case.
Are there any guides on posting dat files? I've found the file on my tablet, do I just transfer and upload it?

Having trouble getting file from my tablet. I will try and replicate the issue tomorrow and get the file from my phone.

So I have retrieved needed files from MCDatFlightRecords file on my phone. Then do I use CsvView or DatCon to view files?

CsvView will display them. DatCon will convert them to CSV files that you can look at with other applications.

Can you read DAT files from the mavic air? DJI inform me that they are encoded and only they can read?????

Thanks so much for your help @sar104. Extremely grateful. Still don't completely understand haha.
Seeing as this thread has ventured a little from the initial problem I'm going to start a new thread to try and get a little bit more input (with the logs that I can find). More input from you on there would be gratefully appreciated (both on the logs I have managed to find (whether they are the correct ones) and the initial issue).
Thanks
Jamie

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag