DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA: Drone Flyers Chime In

Originally from MA. Now in NH, still spend a lot of time in MA.

Bay Area. I fly around SF and Oakland a lot since Alameda is mostly off limits.

Lowell and Thornton, NH. 5th DJI, but watingi on the mavic. Woudl like to meet up with someone who has one to see if it maps well (Pix4D)

Lowell and Thornton, NH. 5th DJI, but watingi on the mavic. Woudl like to meet up with someone who has one to see if it maps well (Pix4D)

Helix, do you have a Mavic? I'm in Lowell as well. Would like to check it out?

I have a Mavic and frequently bounce back and forth between NH and MA.. If I find my self in the Lowell area I will send you a PM MarkO. Was able to head down to Plymouth MA this weekend and fly over some beaches. 25MPH winds and the Mavic was able to fly out 3 miles and back with plenty of battery left to spare! Wanted to push it to the limit but the power plant was in the way!

I have a Mavic and frequently bounce back and forth between NH and MA.. If I find my self in the Lowell area I will send you a PM MarkO. Was able to head down to Plymouth MA this weekend and fly over some beaches. 25MPH winds and the Mavic was able to fly out 3 miles and back with plenty of battery left to spare! Wanted to push it to the limit but the power plant was in the way!

Cool. I live in Lowell, but also have a cabin in Thornton, NH. I'm on my 6th DJI but use them mostly for mapping. I was wondering how the mavic does mapping wise. I love the portability of it, but wondering if I should go with the P4 Pro. If you're ever in the area, pm me. Thanks!

MarkO how do I go about mapping? Any directions you can give me and i'll happily run a route and share the results .

I use an app called Drone Deploy. Then I use a software program called Pix4D and import the images. Pix4D is a free program for the basic processing. It creates a 3D model. The whole process is somewhat involved.
Are you up near Squam lake? I'm only about 20 minutes north of there when I'm at my cabin.

I use an app called Drone Deploy. Then I use a software program called Pix4D and import the images. Pix4D is a free program for the basic processing. It creates a 3D model. The whole process is somewhat involved.
Are you up near Squam lake? I'm only about 20 minutes north of there when I'm at my cabin.

Little south on Winnisquam lake. I wish Squam though, so much quieter and more serene. Also a better place to bass fish!

Reactions: MarkO
Live in Billerica and work in Waltham.

Everywhere I look I'm within 5 miles of several heliports, anyone know a good area where I can fly without needing to call airports that don't pick up?

I plan to do the same thing, once I actually get a chance to go flying with it. I plan on setting up a dedicated server for processing the images.

Did you try the several apps for mapping and settled on Drone Deploy? I was thinking altizure looked pretty good.

Tescalada if they don't answer leave a voicemail and you're covered.

For anyone familiar with Westport Ma here is some quick footage I shot over the weekend. Nothing special, still learning the ins and outs. Also took a lift off at my old school. Haven't been down there in years so it was nice to see nothing's changed.

Keep flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929