DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA - Longest Litchi Mission?

Bluehook

Reactions
What, in your opinion, is the longest advisable Litchi mission for Mavic Air, while still being safe?

I have made a 12 minute mission (aprox 3.6 miles at 24 mph) that is very interesting but -- it that pushing it too far?

???

What, in your opinion, is the longest advisable Litchi mission for Mavic Air, while still being safe?

I have made a 12 minute mission (aprox 3.6 miles at 24 mph) that is very interesting but -- it that pushing it too far?

???

The drone won’t accept a mission it doesn’t think it can do including a margin of error. Just set your smart RTH to 20% or whatever you are comfortable with and it will come home so it lands with 20% battery left

Not sure what type of missions your flying but DJI GS Pro software allows missions that actually span across battery changes

What I was trying to say is that depending on what type of mission you fly, ex. Mapping, 3D profiling then the DJI GS Pro can handle long missions where the bird returns to base, you change the battery and then it flys back to wear it was and continues the mission

I guess the answer to this question is make a mission that’s like 22 minutes and then see if the drone will accept. Reduce the time till the drone accepts and then you have the answer

Thanks all.

Anyone else have any practical experience with long Litchi missions?

I'd appreciate some insight from someone who has "been there."

Thanks.

Thanks all.

Anyone else have any practical experience with long Litchi missions?

I'd appreciate some insight from someone who has "been there."

Thanks.

I’ve been there and it just depends on your mission like @Cut.Aussie said. It depends on if you are going in a circle and at the end will be close to the home point or if you are going in a line and end up far from the home point.

If your 12 minute mission ends 12 minutes away from the home point then it won’t work and the drone won’t accept it. If it ends right next to the home point then it’s plenty safe and the drone will accept it. I have flights that are well in excess of 5 miles. But if your mission ends 3.6 miles from the home point then yes that’s pushing it.

To find out if a mission will work or not just make sure you have the ending action as “RTH” and upload it to the drone. If if accepts it then you are good.

I’m sorry I’m not trying to but in and I’m not trying to prevent other people from replying but I don’t see how anyone could give you a definitive yes or no without knowing the mission and how anyone could know if it will work better than your drone does. If you are worried about it running out of battery on the mission and losing it, don’t worry it won’t.

@Cut.Aussie is saying the same thing but he also offered a solution for if you were just worried about it not finishing the mission and thus not completing the task.

Reactions: Mike Shock
I’ve been there and it just depends on your mission like @Cut.Aussie said. It depends on if you are going in a circle and at the end will be close to the home point or if you are going in a line and end up far from the home point.

If your 12 minute mission ends 12 minutes away from the home point then it won’t work and the drone won’t accept it. If it ends right next to the home point then it’s plenty safe and the drone will accept it. I have flights that are well in excess of 5 miles. But if your mission ends 3.6 miles from the home point then yes that’s pushing it.

To find out if a mission will work or not just make sure you have the ending action as “RTH” and upload it to the drone. If if accepts it then you are good.

I’m sorry I’m not trying to but in and I’m not trying to prevent other people from replying but I don’t see how anyone could give you a definitive yes or no without knowing the mission and how anyone could know if it will work better than your drone does. If you are worried about it running out of battery on the mission and losing it, don’t worry it won’t.

@Cut.Aussie is saying the same thing but he also offered a solution for if you were just worried about it not finishing the mission and thus not completing the task.

Thanks for that. I should have mentioned that the 3.6 miles is indeed a circular route, ending back at the home point.

I'm pretty new to Litchi and and droning in general -- I never even considered the idea that a mission could be a "one-way" line. I realize now that that an option.

I hope I'm not misunderstood, I appreciate any and all guidance -- I treasure your words. I never would have had the confidence to fly much of anything without the advice and encouragement from experienced people on these forums like yourself and @Cut.Aussie

Thank you.

Thumbswayup

Reactions: brett8883
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S