DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA Motor Current Warning after Firmware Update - May '18

WolfPlott

Reactions
Hello all.

I had a flight with my Mavic Air today in 80 degree weather with low winds. I was basically full throttle (not sport mode) doing a loop around the neighborhood when on the last turn home, I received a warning stating that there was a motor current error "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution." at the 5:44 mark. It went away and didn't show back up. Can someone help me diagnose the problem? I have the flight data already in a txt file if anyone is interested. I am taking it on a vacation tomorrow and would like a bit of "peace-of-mind" before I go. I have attached the flight record.

UPDATE: I have read on DJI forums that there are quite a few others experiencing this issue after the May FW update. Has anyone here had the same issues?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-09_[19-20-49].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I just did the update today, and shortly after climbing and some high amperage output I showed the same warning (Non Sport mode). This is a brand new MA, that was exchanged for a previous defective one, with less than 45 minutes of flight time.o_O This is quite unnerving, since I've read previous posts about it straight dropping out of the sky. Uploaded data file.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-11_[20-00-09].txt
    864.1 KB · Views: 4
This issue hit my AIR also after upgrading to .400.
Never had a problem before.

The warning pops up after flying a few seconds full forward and down in P_GPS mode.
Now waiting for DJI releasing a firmware update ...

That means guys that you will have to do a downgrade of the firmware. I don't know if DJI assistance 2 can do the downgrade.

I found a thread about this same issue on the DJI forum and posted my info there as well. DJI support came back and said it’s just an erroneous notification from the GO4 app and nothing to worry about. They will fix it with the next release.

I can post a link to the DJI thread, but not sure about the forum etiquette here, if that’s acceptable.

Received this error 2-3x on my 1st flight on my BRAND NEW Mavic Air that I just got back after having to get a replacement for my first MA due to the gimble overload issue. Appears I’m batting a 1000 with DJI

I found this thread while looking for advice after getting this error twice in a row with my MA. It was about 1 Km away, flying full throttle forward with a little wind. I freaked out and immediately hit the RTH button.

Reading this thread is reassuring in that I’m not alone...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair