DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA not hovering in place

drewski_11

Reactions
So today I was testing out the Altizure app since they updated it so it’s NOW compatible with the MA. It was set to come home and I was near my house when it was coming back down. Once it got like 3-4’ off the ground I decided to move it closer to me in which I was maybe 5’ away from the house. When I did that the MA started to hover to its side and I reacted to late and it ran into the brick wall and my drone fell to the cement ground. The drop was probably a foot or so. But it hurt me to see it happen. My props were beat up quite a bit. So after relaunching my drone I noticed when it hovers now it won’t be still. I redid it again inside my house and it’s the same. Can it be that the motors screwed up when it went into the wall? I do have the 1 year warranty and I’m not sure if this is a reason for me to send it in. I haven’t done any more footage or pictures to see how much of impact it is. But I wanted to see what other people think.

Video: Box

So today I was testing out the Altizure app since they updated it so it’s NOW compatible with the MA. It was set to come home and I was near my house when it was coming back down. Once it got like 3-4’ off the ground I decided to move it closer to me in which I was maybe 5’ away from the house. When I did that the MA started to hover to its side and I reacted to late and it ran into the brick wall and my drone fell to the cement ground. The drop was probably a foot or so. But it hurt me to see it happen. My props were beat up quite a bit. So after relaunching my drone I noticed when it hovers now it won’t be still. I redid it again inside my house and it’s the same. Can it be that the motors screwed up when it went into the wall? I do have the 1 year warranty and I’m not sure if this is a reason for me to send it in. I haven’t done any more footage or pictures to see how much of impact it is. But I wanted to see what other people think.

I assume you replaced the props after the crash?

I assume you replaced the props after the crash?

Yeah I replaced them with new ones and took the video indoors and it did the same. Forgot to mention that. I was connected to GPS with 10 satellite connections.

Yeah I replaced them with new ones and took the video indoors and it did the same. Forgot to mention that. I was connected to GPS with 10 satellite connections.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but from the sound of your problem you may have luck calibrating the IMU.

OA trying to avoid the house

Reactions: Lake_Flyer
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but from the sound of your problem you may have luck calibrating the IMU.
Correct. After every crash, even a minor one, always calibrate the IMU.

I do have the 1 year warranty and I’m not sure if this is a reason for me to send it in
Do a IMU calibration. If it is broken, I hope you get a warranty service, but DJI would probably regard this a pilot error. The obstacle avoidance worked as programmed and you should have taken control to avoid the avoidance (if that makes any sense at all :eek:, which is why I never use and trust OA). Do you have care refresh?

Reactions: colinfowler

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato