DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA1 Battery levels

YoMoma

Reactions
Got a MA1 since May this year. Loving it so far and use it at least every other weekends.
I’ve noticed recently after fully charging all 3 batteries in the multi charger right after use. Which I do after every flight. If the drone sits 2weekends without use the batteries Begin to drain. But at a consistent level. They all are about 58% at that point. The batteries are consistent but it disappoints me that after only 2 weeks I need to top off the batteries before using again.

The batteries will start a self discharge mode to prevent damage. Storing your batteries full isn't the best idea and can impact the how long they will last.
Try searching on the forum about battery storage and you'll find tons of good information and a better system for charging.

Got a MA1 since May this year. Loving it so far and use it at least every other weekends.
I’ve noticed recently after fully charging all 3 batteries in the multi charger right after use. Which I do after every flight. If the drone sits 2weekends without use the batteries Begin to drain. But at a consistent level. They all are about 58% at that point. The batteries are consistent but it disappoints me that after only 2 weeks I need to top off the batteries before using again.
Your present battery management will severely shorten their life length & may possibly get you into unwanted situations with swelling or failing battery cells airborne with following unexpected auto landings.

LiPo batteries will always degrade once activated (charged the first time after purchase) ... but proper handled their life length will be acceptable.

The batteries sweet spot %-wise is between 40-60% ... placed here they can be long term stored & only a full charge/discharge cycle is needed every 3 month. LiPo's doesn't like to be outside this span ... & they absolutely doesn't want to be left at 100% or 0%.

DJI have built in an auto discharge after 10 days which during a day will bring them down to 65% ... this to give the batteries a possibility to survive at least the 6 month warranty period. But this is a too long period being on 100% ... they will be damaged during this long period. On other DJI drone models GO4 will let you set the discharge time ... unfortunately not the MA1, there it's locked at 10 days, meaning you yourself need take care of this.

I would say that the maximum time the battery should be on 100% is a couple days ... no more, then it should be brought down into the storage span of 40-60%.

A proper management can be ... charge your batteries up to 100% the evening (or morning) before you will fly. Fly them down ... preferably no lower then 15%. Let them cool down to room temperature (22-28C degrees) then charge them up until you have from 2 solid green leds to 2 solid & the third just started blinking ... then you have them just above 50%. Then repeat the procedure for the next flight opportunity.

Can also tip you about Airdata.com ... & getting a payed subscription there (consider the fee as an insurance) as this will give you access to their battery management pages where you can monitor the performance trends for your batteries which will give you the insight to take them off flight duty before they fail ... which all LiPo will do eventually, with the described consequencies here above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus