DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA1 extended battery mod

Steve58

Reactions
Hi all

Im looking at soldering a connector to either the battery terminal on the quad itself or the wiring running to the battery terminal to allow me to run an additional lipo strapped to the top. I've seen this done on other mavics but can't find anything on the MA1.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what terminals will need soldering to allow the connection of an additional battery.

I've done the mod on other RC vehicles and airsoft guns but this is little different to say the least ?

Hi all

Im looking at soldering a connector to either the battery terminal on the quad itself or the wiring running to the battery terminal to allow me to run an additional lipo strapped to the top. I've seen this done on other mavics but can't find anything on the MA1.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what terminals will need soldering to allow the connection of an additional battery.

I've done the mod on other RC vehicles and airsoft guns but this is little different to say the least ?
Hi
the terminals are 10. (photo1) Looking the battery terminals count from left to right no 1 2 3 4 are positive, 2 midle are data, and the last 4 (left side) are the negative ones. Mine batteries are giving positive at no 2 3 4 and negative at 7 8 9 (???)
Any way...
So some guy made a copper thin blade adaptor (photo 2) with very thin female cuts to fit on the drone terminals so when the battery was connected there was an extra connection point. But this job needs very precise work watchmaker type.

The best way to use extra power (in mAh number) is to open your battey, slowly and with care, because it is coupled by a very strong double sided tape, and remove the original cells. (
). Keep the main body and of course the cirquit board. Mark the metalic terminals from the sells of + and -.
Weld off the original sells connections to board WITH THE VOLTAGE AT 0% (taking any way a good care of a short cirquit) and solder them in the right sequence (+ to - to + to -to+ to -) ending with 2 terminals (first + and last -). There you do weld a lipo extention cable (RED & BLACK) using for connection terminal a male XT60 or a T shape mail terminal (depending on which kind of terminal is used by the lipo you are going to buy). In this you can connect your new external battery which will be normaly a 3s lipo (11.1v) at 30c at least with ..3300mAh. The obvius result should be an extended flight time (more mAh's). Dont forget to connect also the ballance jack to get telemetry info. The only thing not to be placed back, is the temperature sensor which is located between the original sells and it should be left orphaned.
NOTICE
1. choose for a new external battery, a good quality lipo battery (not the cheepest one) to ensure best performance
2. you may need to buy a smart lipo charger because i am not sure that the original battery's cirquit board sould recognise and charge the new cells. Normaly there should be no problem but electronics some times are crazy.
Simple as that...

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 41904945330_5484ac549e_b.jpg
    41904945330_5484ac549e_b.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 62
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics