DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Alientech Range extender in URBAN areas - tests?

fask

Reactions
Hi.
There are lots of threads on range extenders here, and some opinions of how good/bad they work.
Just to clarify;
The given range of 8km is more than enough, but this have to be over water or somewhere with absolutely NO interferrence. I'm nowhere near that. I get about 1km at 120m hight.
There are basicly 3 types that comes to my mind;
1 - Booster for 2,4GHz
2 - Booster for 5,8GHz
3 - Antenna for both 2,4 and 5,8 (without booster/amplifier)

Since the price difference is huge from 1&2 to 3, I have a few questions for those who have tested a range extender in URBAN areas;

1) What have you tested?
2) How much more range did you get (from x m to xx m)?

This would help me a lot in my quest for better range, Thanks a lot to those of you who will be so kind to answer :)

Last edited:
I would have been afraid to go even more than a couple miles out. You must really trust your batteries.

How do you get the trip data that you show at the end?

I would have been afraid to go even more than a couple miles out. You must really trust your batteries.

How do you get the trip data that you show at the end?
What do you mean?
I don’t get a couple of miles out, I get 1km (1km=0,62 miles). Batteries lasts way longer than that range.
Trip data at the end? Not sure what you mean...?

Reactions: Sjkieffer
They works. Not a miracle but works. I have the 5.8ghz version with my Mavic Mini and i can say will give you 2X the distance with the booster.

Check this video that i made few days ago.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
They works. Not a miracle but works. I have the 5.8ghz version with my Mavic Mini and i can say will give you 2X the distance with the booster.

Check this video that i made few days ago.
Thanks for the video, but do you have any data for the range? You say twice with the 5,8GHz, have you tested it?

Hi.
There are lots of threads on range extenders here, and some opinions of how good/bad they work.
Just to clarify;
The given range of 8km is more than enough, but this have to be over water or somewhere with absolutely NO interferrence. I'm nowhere near that. I get about 1km at 120m hight.
There are basicly 3 types that comes to my mind;
1 - Booster for 2,4GHz
2 - Booster for 5,8GHz
3 - Antenna for both 2,4 and 5,8 (without booster/amplifier)

Since the price difference is huge from 1&2 to 3, I have a few questions for those who have tested a range extender in URBAN areas;

1) What have you tested?
2) How much more range did you get (from x m to xx m)?

This would help me a lot in my quest for better range, Thanks a lot to those of you who will be so kind to answer :)
Have you seen posts on Facebook or YouTube for the ParaYagi range extender systems offered by "Flower Power Drones", "Explore With DJI Alex" or "Miniformer"?

I know the Yagi extender. The parabolic extenders works much better and are cheaper.

I know the Yagi extender. The parabolic extenders works much better and are cheaper.
The one you linked to is for another controller. I’ve got the Mavic air 2 :)

The one you linked to is for another controller. I’ve got the Mavic air 2 :)
Yep, sorry didn't spot you have an MA2 controller, though with a bit of a modification the Yagi might fit, but the Alientech aren't cheap.

The three sources I quoted all seem to think a combination of the two works best. I've recently received my Yagis and have ordered the Parabolics, though due to covid-19 situation haven't had the opportunity myself to test them.

Yep, sorry didn't spot you have an MA2 controller, though with a bit of a modification the Yagi might fit, but the Alientech aren't cheap.
Arent cheap but are good. I am even considerating selling my allientech 5.8 to get the duo.

Arent cheap but are good. I am even considerating selling my allientech 5.8 to get the duo.
So the duo is almost as good as the amplifier (5,8)? If so, I’m going for the duo!! ?
Is the installation the same for duo as the other two?

So the duo is almost as good as the amplifier (5,8)? If so, I’m going for the duo!! ?
Is the installation the same for duo as the other two?
Duo simplified. That will be released on 10 days, is not even out yet. It cost $450 + $30 shipping.

Duo simplified. That will be released on 10 days, is not even out yet. It cost $450 + $30 shipping.

This is the duo II. As you say, it hasn’t come out yet, so we don’t know if it will be good/very good/bad.
I thought you meant the one I referred to (number 3above), that one is much cheeper :)

Last edited:
The three sources I quoted all seem to think a combination of the two works best. I've recently received my Yagis and have ordered the Parabolics, though due to covid-19 situation haven't had the opportunity myself to test them.

What parabolic works with the MA2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada