DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Battery Issue (New Issue)

SteveOMA2

Reactions
Two month old Air2. All three batteries worked until now. Two batteries work fine. The other shows the battery level and will charge but will not power on the drone. Any ideas

Two month old Air2. All three batteries worked until now. Two batteries work fine. The other shows the battery level and will charge but will not power on the drone. Any ideas
Welcome to the show. ?No Swelling? ?Battery Charge Level, indicating 4 green lights?

Suggestion: First initiate contact with DJI Support. Gather proof of purchase docs (date and S/N important). Fully charge then Set Aside odd battery for 6 days. Should self deplete to ~60%. Two lights steady and one flashing = 50-63% according to pg 25 of manual, manual sez 5 days. Only two solid green lights ON = >/=38 to <50%; not good. Id look to clear contacts of boogers and such. Appearance of contacts same as good batteries, including discoloration? Check contact points on Charging Hub as well. Be prepare to return to place of purchase. @ $115+ Id prepare written arguments.

I came upon a 4 port simultaneous charger. Can be used to deplete batteries for storage level. Works well for quick drain to 50%. It wont charge a battery having >/= 90%. I drain it/them down to 50% then recharge it/them to 100%. Cycles from one to the next displaying current volts and amps. Generally, 2.1-2.2A charging rate each, then goes into "Balancing" mode; though the readout shows "Checking". All batteries charge simultaneously.
amazon.com/gp/product/B08J7M1MPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get appropriate User Manual from DJI Download not simply the Quick Start Guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for your suggestions.

Here is some more information. Battery in question has been set up for 8 days. I try to check the battery level and no indication on the battery at all. Plugging the battery into the single charger shows 3 lights (75%?). Battery will then charge to 100%. However, there is no indicatorights when off the charger or in the drone and drone will not power on. Bad switch maybe? Looks like I will be contacting DJI or my dealer.

If you had Refresh on the original, contact DJI to transfer it to the replacement.
The returned unit to Amazon will be a complete return and full refund. You dont get to keep the spinner wheels and curb feelers, at a reduced sale price.

I imagine that the DJI Refresh would be refunded as part of the fly nore package and restarted with the new kit.
I doubt it. It is a separate purchase and tied to the S/N. Just check your refund receipt. If Refresh isn't refunded, you can have it transferred. Note the SN of your original before returning just in case.

The returned unit to Amazon will be a complete return and full refund. You dont get to keep the spinner wheels and curb feelers, at a reduced sale price.
DJI Refresh can be transfered between drones. Just contact their CS. I did it with my Mini -> Mini 2

FINAL UPDATE:

Got the new drone via USPS today (Sunday!) UPS has still not been by to pick up the old one. Will probably contact Amazon to email a label and drop it at the UPS Store.

The replacement Fly More Combo Kit auto activated the Care Refresh+ automatically effective from the date that Amazon shipped the replacement.

I'm a happy camper.

SteveO

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus