DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 - Blue Pin on Map in Fly App

icecoldgin

Reactions
I must have pressed something and now there is a blue pin on the map in my Fly App. Attached is the pic of this blue pin.

I already restarted the Fly App and the pin is still there. Tried a hard press on this but nothing happens. Pressed on another part of the map and the pin just moves there.

Looks irritating and I want to get rid of this. I checked a similar post on this in the Mini discussions but there seemed to be no answer on how to get rid of this.

How do I delete this? ?

Attachments

• MA2 screenshot of pin on Fly App map (21Feb2021).jpg
    MA2 screenshot of pin on Fly App map (21Feb2021).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
Is that not where your at ?

Reactions: Thomas B
For the GO app on iOS. Killing the app ( not just minimizing it and let it keep running in the background ) and relauching the app will remove the blue pin. I guess the same applies to the FLY app ?

For the GO app on iOS. Killing the app ( not just minimizing it and let it keep running in the background ) and relauching the app will remove the blue pin. I guess the same applies to the FLY app ?
It is but I don't need this pin to remind me.

It was not there before. Must have done something to put this there.

Now I am trying to undo it.

I closed and relaunched/restarted the Fly App and it is still there.

Can't seem to find any "unpin" command or button on the Fly App :rolleyes: :(

I closed and relaunched/restarted the Fly App and it is still there.

Can't seem to find any "unpin" command or button on the Fly App :rolleyes: :(

Delete the app and re-install from the apple app store or google play store

• Haha
Reactions: pelagic_one
Delete the app and re-install from the apple app store or google play store
Any solution short of deleting the app and reinstalling it? ?

I have this feeling that even if I delete the app and reinstall it, it may happen again.

Yes, if you are using an iPhone/iPad with a Home button, double-click it, then flick the DJI Fly app off the top of the screen.

If you are using an iPhone/iPad without a Home button, drag the bar at the bottom of the screen up until you see the thumbnails of all the open apps. Then flick the DJI Fly app off the top of the screen.

When you reopen the DJI Fly app, the pin will be gone until you touch the map - either accidentally or on purpose. (The eraser on the righthand toolbar no longer works)

[EDIT] You can also back out of “Camera View” by tapping the arrow in the upper-left corner, then tap Connect Aricraft in the lower right and the map will be clear.

HTH

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that pin does either but it will be wherever you press on the map.
Certainly not something to go as drastic as reinstalling the app.

I'm not sure what that pin does either but it will be wherever you press on the map.
Certainly not something to go as drastic as reinstalling the app.

It's a POI/ reference marker

Last edited:
Yes, if you are using an iPhone/iPad with a Home button, double-click it, then flick the DJI Fly app off the top of the screen.

If you are using an iPhone/iPad without a Home button, drag the bar at the bottom of the screen up until you see the thumbnails of all the open apps. Then flick the DJI Fly app off the top of the screen.

When you reopen the DJI Fly app, the pin will be gone until you touch the map - either accidentally or on purpose. (The eraser on the righthand toolbar no longer works)

[EDIT] You can also back out of “Camera View” by tapping the arrow in the upper-left corner, then tap Connect Aricraft in the lower right and the map will be clear.

HTH
Unfortunately, I am using an Android phone, waahhhhh ?

Have you tried killing the app ?

View attachment 124345
I wanted to try this fix and since it is raining now, I connected the phone to the controller, then powered it and the MA2 inside the house.

When I got to the Fly App and the map, lo and behold and the blue pin is gone.

I will check this again when the weather clears up and the MA2 is outside in its element in the great outdoors.

Let's see if the blue pin will resurrect ;) Thumbswayup

Unfortunately, I am using an Android phone, waahhhhh ?
The following technique should work regardless of platform:

You can also back out of “Camera View” by tapping the arrow in the upper-left corner, then tap Connect Aricraft in the lower right and the map will be clear.

Reactions: boblui
The following technique should work regardless of platform:

You can also back out of “Camera View” by tapping the arrow in the upper-left corner, then tap Connect Aricraft in the lower right and the map will be clear.
Thanks. I will keep this in mind also Thumbswayup ;)

someone may have advised you of this. Open the map full screen and click on any airport or restricted airspace and the blue marker will appear with the remarks on the restriction. A super function if you are wondering about what height you may fly etc. Evidently you clicked on open airspace and the lollipop appeared but there was nothing to report.

Reactions: dave27
I used to do something like that with my aviation based Garmin GPS...if you held the enter button too long while viewing the map it would place a unnamed user waypoint symbol . Pretty soon they were all over the map and I was wondering..WT.......
somebody finally clued me in..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22