DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2.....can't get my Galaxy note 9 to connect to my controller.

Greenedrone

Reactions
Ok, I got assistant 2, to update my MA2 controller, and aircraft BUT, I still can't get my Galaxy note 9 to connect to my controller. I REALLY need help ! I only bought my MA2, eleven days ago, I can't return it, and it has only been in the air ONCE, when I got it to connect to a friend's iPhone. PLEASE....

Ok, I got assistant 2, to update my MA2 controller, and aircraft BUT, I still can't get my Galaxy note 9 to connect to my controller. I REALLY need help ! I only bought my MA2, eleven days ago, I can't return it, and it has only been in the air ONCE, when I got it to connect to a friend's iPhone. PLEASE....
Side load the app from DJI Directly

Hello Greenedrone:

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. Don't despair - it will get sorted out and you'll love the Mavic Air 2.

Make sure the DJI Fly app on your phone is updated. Then make sure you have the cable from the controller's port on top of the controller next to the shafts that hold the antenna well connected to the USB port on your phone. Your controller should have come with a couple of different cables to connect to different types of phones. Once all those connections are definitely well done, turn on the phone, start the DJI Fly app and then turn on the controller. It might take a short time, but the Fly app should show a two symbols at the lower right corner indicating that the controller is connected to the phone. If the cable connections are good but you don't get that symbol then you might contact DJI customer support.

Howard

Title to the thread updated to make it understandable . . .

Reactions: Thomas B
What does that mean? How do it?
Go directly to the DJI website and download the app for the Maverick Air 2 . I had the same problem and I had to go to the website directly download it to my tablet it said that it might harm my tablet I did it anyway and it worked great. This is worked for all of my tablets and phones that gave me trouble

Also check the permissions and make sure that the galaxy has permissions to connect to the controller and that the default application is the DJI Fly app

This was all solid information. I run a Note9 and have no problems. Fast and smooth.

Reactions: rxlawdude
I had the same problem (message) and I also thought I did everything. It turned out to be the cable from the controller to the tablet. Are you using the cable that came with the MA2 kit?

• Angry
Reactions: RWINGER
I had the same problem (message) and I also thought I did everything. It turned out to be the cable from the controller to the tablet. Are you using the cable that came with the MA2 kit?
I am,AND I tried a different cable, longer,and from Walmart, I guess THAT COULD still be the problem so, I ordered 2 from Amazon. I'll try them later today. Thank you, I hope youre right.

I had an issue very similar to yours my Tab S2 stopped connecting to my MA2 Pro. I tried to connect a usb drive to the micro usb port on the Tab S2 and it would not discover it. I searched the internet and found someone who had a similar problem and it turned out to be the micro usb port on his Tab S2, suggested using air to blow out the port. I did that but it did not help so I took a dental tool and scraped the contacts on the micro usb port, be sure to turn off the device before doing this. BE VERY CAREFUL you could damage the port if not careful. I used a magnifying glass to observe what the contacts looked like and help with the cleaning. I also had an alcohol wipe which I wrapped around the tool to clean the contacts. But like I said my Tab S2 would not detect a usb thumb drive, it would charge properly though. It worked for me have not had any issues since. My USB thumb drive works fine also. Good luck

Reactions: rxlawdude
I had an issue very similar to yours my Tab S2 stopped connecting to my MA2 Pro. I tried to connect a usb drive to the micro usb port on the Tab S2 and it would not discover it. I searched the internet and found someone who had a similar problem and it turned out to be the micro usb port on his Tab S2, suggested using air to blow out the port. I did that but it did not help so I took a dental tool and scraped the contacts on the micro usb port, be sure to turn off the device before doing this. BE VERY CAREFUL you could damage the port if not careful. I used a magnifying glass to observe what the contacts looked like and help with the cleaning. I also had an alcohol wipe which I wrapped around the tool to clean the contacts. But like I said my Tab S2 would not detect a usb thumb drive, it would charge properly though. It worked for me have not had any issues since. My USB thumb drive works fine also. Good luck
Ok, just to let everyone know, I appreciate ALL the help! My phone will not connect so, I bought a new tablet,and am using it dedicated to my MA2, works perfectly. Thanks again, EVERYONE!

Reactions: MA2 317
May I ask what Tablet did you buy. I am having the same problem and also have tried everything above mentiones. Also open my phone for the debug thing... nothing :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929