DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Controller Beeping

Tanzdeman

Reactions
hi guys, need some help.

I have read several posts already and I cant seem to get the right fix.

My MA2 just constantly beeps when I turn it on. Even if the drone is off. Tried to RC calibration, but not getting the green lights when I try and move the gimbal wheel.

The gimbal wheel works because when I have put a new battery on the drone, the camera feed, the gimbal goes all the way to the top and I can bring it down using the gimbal wheel, (when I stop holding it, it goes back to the top)

The DJI assistant app is difficult to understand, cant get my controller to pair.

Thanks

Reactions: GFields
Hello from the Crossroads of America Tanzdeman.

Usually when the remote beeps constantly the sticks are out of whack before turning it on. Possibly because it was set in the case crooked.

I've had that happen and was able to fiddle with the sticks before turning it on. It seemed to fix it and didn't have to do a calibration.

The Fn button can be programmed to flip the camera from 0° to 90° but the gimbal should keep the camera where you left it and not creep back to the top.

It appears you may be paired up already since you can control the gimbal.

I haven't used the Assistant so I'm not sure how it works.

Others may be along with more knowledge than I.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thank you for the welcome.

Its just really frustrating that I cant calibrate it! It's been packed away in its bag.

The gimbal only worked on a new battery, I was trying to remove hardware issues.

The assistant app on the laptop and on my phone, both do not connect to the drone or controller! Sticky situation.

Thanks

Reactions: GFields
During the attempted calibrations are you waggling the gimbal dial multiple times before deciding there is no response? If the sticks show a response and the dial doesn't then I would suspect a dodgy connection to the dial or a dodgy dial.
If you become convinced that the controller is faulty and if it is within the warranty period contact DJI.
If it is out of warranty then either look at a DIY repair or buy a second hand controller, this one DJI Mini 2 / Mavic 2 remote Controller used twice | eBay
sold for £45+P&P on ebay but the seem to go from around £50+ +P&P.
Attached are photos of the gimbal wheel and its connection in a RC231 controller for the Mini 2, I think you have the same controller

Attachments

• mini 2 gimbal wheel.jpg
    mini 2 gimbal wheel.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!
Center the dial control

Reactions: MA2 317
Still sounds like you are not doing the calibration correctly. Are you using the Fly app to do it or without. The gimble wheel is the final step before hitting finish. Seems your wheel is out o wack. Watch YouTube if not sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3