DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 crash for first flight?

Bruce93

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I just got my new MA2 crashed within 1 min after the first takeoff. It was in a parking lot, no wind, and everything looked good. After very simple movements (went up to 10 m and moved 5 m) it just stopped and fell down... Then I tried to restart but it showed the chip was overheated and gimbal stuck... So cannot takeoff.

I checked the flight record it shows a notification of "aircraft max power load reached" before the crash.

Any ideas on this? Is this a malfunction? I bought it from Apple.com and what should I do now?

So disappointed... But appreciate any advice.

If you bought from apple and are within the exchange period exchange it!! Definitely sounds like a battery/drone issue you could try for warranty from dji but easier to go through apple

As above. But a simple question: did you check that you’d got the props on correctly, white on white?

Hi everyone,

I just got my new MA2 crashed within 1 min after the first takeoff. It was in a parking lot, no wind, and everything looked good. After very simple movements (went up to 10 m and moved 5 m) it just stopped and fell down... Then I tried to restart but it showed the chip was overheated and gimbal stuck... So cannot takeoff.

I checked the flight record it shows a notification of "aircraft max power load reached" before the crash.

Any ideas on this? Is this a malfunction? I bought it from Apple.com and what should I do now?

So disappointed... But appreciate any advice.
Hi there & welcome to the forum ... ? :D,sorry for your incident.

It would be good in order to determine the cause for this, if you could share your flight logs from that flight. The usable logs are stored in the mobile device you flew with. Read up here on how to retrieve (read under section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide initially it's the .TXT log we need.

Reactions: Capt KO
If you bought from apple and are within the exchange period exchange it!! Definitely sounds like a battery/drone issue you could try for warranty from dji but easier to go through apple
Thanks. Just sent back to Apple. Not sure will they replace because it is damaged.

Hi there & welcome to the forum ... ? :D,sorry for your incident.

It would be good in order to determine the cause for this, if you could share your flight logs from that flight. The usable logs are stored in the mobile device you flew with. Read up here on how to retrieve (read under section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide initially it's the .TXT log we need.

Hi it is attached here. I also uploaded a screenshot from Airdata.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-25_[20-52-34].txt
    105.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Flightdata.JPG
    Flightdata.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 29
Hi it is attached here. I also uploaded a screenshot from Airdata.

That is strange behavior:

Climb.png

We really need to take a look at the raw sensor and motor data - can you see if you can retrieve the mobile device DAT file ending FLY007.DAT?

Thanks for this! So it looks like an electronic problem inside the drone? The Airdata website shows some minor deviation (~0.01-0.02V) in cell 1 and 3 at some points. Is that also a reason?

No - the cell deviation was not the problem.

No - the cell deviation was not the problem.
Thanks. The Airdata (see attached) seems to show that the drone crashed around 48s (I assume the Baro. Alt refers to altitude). Then why the graphs you posted above suggest the motors were still on even after 48s? Maybe I am wrong and the crash actually happened at 40s?

Also, do you know why the GPS Sat. dropped from 15 to 8 at 48.7s (when the "Not Enough Force" first came up)?

Just trying to figure out what happened...

Attachments

• Airdata.JPG
    Airdata.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 12
Thanks. The Airdata (see attached) seems to show that the drone crashed around 48s (I assume the Baro. Alt refers to altitude). Then why the graphs you posted above suggest the motors were still on even after 48s? Maybe I am wrong and the crash actually happened at 40s?

The time axis on the DAT file graphs above is incorrect because DatCon is using the wrong clock speed. The ESC problem occurred at 45.9 seconds and impact with the ground was at 47.6 seconds. The subsequent motor data are spurious.

Also, do you know why the GPS Sat. dropped from 15 to 8 at 48.7s (when the "Not Enough Force" first came up)?

Just trying to figure out what happened...

The brief drop was because the aircraft flipped upside down when it crashed, obscuring the GNSS antenna.

The time axis on the DAT file graphs above is incorrect because DatCon is using the wrong clock speed. The ESC problem occurred at 45.9 seconds and impact with the ground was at 47.6 seconds. The subsequent motor data are spurious.

The brief drop was because the aircraft flipped upside down when it crashed, obscuring the GNSS antenna.

Thank you. That explains it.

Also an update that Apple has accepted the return.

Reactions: Wilbur and sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje