DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 DJI Fly app tablet?

Reactions
Hi all,

Looking to get an 8 inch tablet that works with the fly app. I tried the Galexy Tab A, it worked but the graphics were very slow. Anyone flying the MA2 DJI Fly app with anything other than Ipad?

Looking to get an 8 inch tablet that works with the fly app...Anyone flying the MA2 DJI Fly app with anything other than Ipad?
A quick search for “tablet” in the MA2 section resulted in a few dozen threads, so instead of tossing in my two cents, I’m offering this: Search results for query: Tablet

The general rule appears to be “You get what you pay for...”. A sub $150 tablet may have a great brand and seem to have all the right specs, but the reported slow graphics, Fly app shutdowns mid-flight and subsequent product returns are all-telling.

For the OP, were you using the Tab A 8" version or the newer 8.4" version. Reason I ask is that I am also currently on the hunt for a tablet that will work with my MA2. I am trying really hard to stay away from the iPad mini.

For the OP, were you using the Tab A 8" version or the newer 8.4" version. Reason I ask is that I am also currently on the hunt for a tablet that will work with my MA2. I am trying really hard to stay away from the iPad mini.
Yes- i got the newest one i could find and made sure it was clear of all updates and it still didn't work great. I think i might try the Tab A SM-P200 next.

Reactions: Alloy

Just curious. Why are you staying away from the mini. I am using the mini 5. And it is great.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
Flying a MA2 and a solo, I’ve tried the Samsung tab A 8.4 as well and had similar issues. I’ve also tried the Lenovo M8 which had better results but couldn’t use KineMaster or photoshop the way I would have liked On either.

I’m currently using an SamsunG galaxy tab s2 8” (4yrs old) and I cannot believe it out performs most of the new tablets, but due to my SDcard being stuck inside I need to start looking for a replacement. iPad seems to be the best choice for flying and editing all in one.

I understand not wanting an Apple tablet when you’re in an android ecosystem, hell I like flying with an android tablet. but we have to face truths, when it comes to form factor. new Small Screen androids are geared towards children.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22