DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Doesn't seem to hold its settings like phone charging.

Reactions
Every time I go to use the MA2, I have to go into the settings and set it to charge phone. Am I missing something when I make a setting adjustment? It doesn't seem to be remembering.

Every time I go to use the MA2, I have to go into the settings and set it to charge phone. Am I missing something when I make a setting adjustment? It doesn't seem to be remembering.

Why do you want it to charge your phone? Just make sure your phone is recharged prior to using it and good to go.

Because at -7C the phone's battery dies pretty quick

I fly in sub freezing temps (and winds) and while yes, a phone and drone batteries die quicker - not thinking your phone really needs the charge - as it's SAPPING power from your controller at same time. I'd recommend USB charging your phone n your vehicle versus sapping power from the controller if you FLY that much. My 3 batteries die far in advance of my phone.

But - your drone / controller / phone - you decision.

But the point of my question is... why isn't the app remembering the settings I create? The phone charging option is an example. I can't recall other examples at the moment. I figure if I set it for something, it should remember.

Reactions: Fire260
Yes, the default for charging phone is off and it resets every time. Always been that way---it's the way DJI designed it for whatever reason. Nothing you are doing wrong and no way to change it.

For Andriod it is always on.

People complain so DJI did something about it.

I have mine set to charge (my iPhone 8 is getting older and does some wacky things with the battery). It seems to remember the setting?

Same problem here. I need to turn on phone-charging from the app every time too, I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. I can start flying with 100% phone battery and my phone will be close to dead before I’ve gone through my 3 dji batteries.. yes my phone needs to be ungraded soon ?

I also use an iphone and I have to activate phone charging every time I need it.
Since you did not mention model or age, assuming it's an older model, eventually those batteries need to be replaced. You have to be careful to find a authorized repair place, otherwise you could have other issues when you get it back, which is probably cheaper then replacing the iPhone..

That said, there are of course a number of advantages to upgrading... even used, chances are the batteries in most refurbs are new,. Though if you go used from someone else, you could wind up with a newer iPhone and still have battery issues sooner rather than later.. Not to mention the device upgrades that come with getting later generation of iPhone..

Last edited:
It's a MA2 bought new middle of last year. 120 flights alternating 2 batteries. The phone is an Iphone10.
Ken, if its an iPhone 10, and your getting significant battery drain during flights, that seems to me to be a battery issue in that iPhone, course its hard to know for sure. If your using it day to day just for the usual calls, email, texting, etc... Does the battery last all day or are you at really low levels at the end of the day even under average use during the day when not trying to use it to Fly?

Course when you Fly, the screen is on perpetually during the flight, and if you have it really bright because of the sun, that can probably consume a lot of battery if your flying for an hour or so with 2 batteries.. But if your also seeing during normal use as noted, the end of the day, your battery is really low, it could still need to be replaced potentially.

The iPhone 10 was first shipped in late 2017, so that makes it at least 3 years old if you got it around then or 2018.. So i think its possible that the battery could be fading on it..

Guys, there seems to be a bit of confusion here.

I am having no problems with my drone or phone's performance. I merely stated that I also have to manually select phone charging from the transmitter if I want it when I fly. in other words the phone charging setting is not "held".

This is the way I think it should work. I don't want the phone to chow up the transmitter's battery power every time I fly - only when i have forgotten to charge the phone before I fly.

Guys, there seems to be a bit of confusion here.

I am having no problems with my drone or phone's performance. I merely stated that I also have to manually select phone charging from the transmitter if I want it when I fly. in other words the phone charging setting is not "held".

This is the way I think it should work. I don't want the phone to chow up the transmitter's battery power every time I fly - only when i have forgotten to charge the phone before I fly.
Sounds like a bit of confusion, not sure what to do if the setting is not being retained between flights other than to add it to a list of things to check before you fly, perhaps a future release of Fly will resolve that issue..

I suspect that a new version of Fly may be coming, since DJI has announced the release of a new FPV drone next week, and unless it uses yet another DJI App, which I guess is possible, Fly will probably updated to control the new model as well..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada