DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 firmware update continues to fail to load

RMundy806

Reactions
Hey folks could use some help. I am trying to load the new firmware update to get all the new features but everytime I try to update the firmware it stops at 60% and gives an error code of 3005. Any ideas? TIA

Reactions: ninja_geezer
are you using a lead to the computer via DJI flight assistant software or wireless ?

I am able to get to 99% downloaded and then it gets stuck there. I have tried via wifi and the DJI Assistant 2 software. DJI assistant software just errors out at 99% download? Anyone else having this issue?

*** UPDATE ***
I was finally able to get the firmware update to take. I am using Windows 10 pc, DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.12, and Smart Controller that had an older .650? firmware on it.

ONE key thing to do before you start is to clean out all the memory on the internal sd card. I had to redo the procedure because it stated not enough room on internal memory at the 98% updating. Also, this update takes a long time so you want to stay close by and NOT let the controller shut down with the auto shut off settings and make sure to only do this when the SC battery is FULLY charged.

Last edited:
I had same problem. I just kept trying about 10 times and it finished.

could be very busy server try a different time of day if possible.

Hi has any one flown the MA2 with the smart controller yet? Just wondering if the digital zoom on the MA2 works on the control wheel like on the M2 zoom. I have a M mini at the mo and Was all set upgrade to the zoom with smart controller but this firmware upgrade may change everything. Which drone would you guys upgrade to MA2 or M2 zoom?

Hi has any one flown the MA2 with the smart controller yet? Just wondering if the digital zoom on the MA2 works on the control wheel like on the M2 zoom. I have a M mini at the mo and Was all set upgrade to the zoom with smart controller but this firmware upgrade may change everything. Which drone would you guys upgrade to MA2 or M2 zoom?

Haven't flow it yet, but I did connect it to the SC and check out system setup. The Zoom works on the upper right wheel, and the zoom features are the same as the original controller. Plus you can touch screen to to 1x, 2x,3x 4x zoom as well. I hope to fly later this evening to see how it responds to the SC.

could be very busy server try a different time of day if possible.

I would have to agree, I did my backup SC controller later in the evening 9:30 pm pacific time, and it updated really fast. Everyone must have been downloading earlier in the day.

Hey folks could use some help. I am trying to load the new firmware update to get all the new features but everytime I try to update the firmware it stops at 60% and gives an error code of 3005. Any ideas? TIA
Must use the original cable that came with sc , I had the Same problem all day yesterday until my son told me about the cable the n no problem

I never update firmware the day it comes out. I prefer to wait and see if anybody has troubles. But, I couldn't fly without an update. I turned off beginner mode (which I am) and it allowed me to continue without an upgrade.

Haven't flow it yet, but I did connect it to the SC and check out system setup. The Zoom works on the upper right wheel, and the zoom features are the same as the original controller. Plus you can touch screen to to 1x, 2x,3x 4x zoom as well. I hope to fly later this evening to see how it responds to the SC.
Would love to know how well the flight goes and if the zoom works as it should, thanks

Ok...I'm having the same issue with the MA2 firmware update. I'm going to try all of the suggestions here. Clear internal memory, use the SC cable, and maybe late at night. Hope it works. Thanks all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka