DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 forward vision sensor error & unable to calibrate

mike2e427

Reactions
Before leaving home to fly I check Everything on my drone before leaving.. A few days back I turned on the drone doing one of these pre checks and I received a forward vision sensor error. When I try to calibrate the sensors both sensor status images on assistant 2 We're completely black there was no image at all . I am confused how it wasn't flying and just by turning it on the sensor error popped up why would it do that? Also why am I unable to calibrate and what are the odds both forward sensors Go out at the exact same time?? Could it possibly be something other than a faulty forward vision sensor Even though both calibration status images on assistant 2 are blacked out with no image? Also the ambient light too low notification stays on constantly since the forward vision sensor error has popped up Regardless of how much or how little light there is... I apologize in advance for my my lack of knowledge I am still fairly new to drone flying

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-104012.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-104012.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 11
I'd updated to the latest software a couple weeks ago and flew. The battery level locked in a 48% for longer than normal and I hit RTH. On the way back I got the same sensor error and then drone disconnected and fell from the sky!

I'd updated to the latest software a couple weeks ago and flew. The battery level locked in a 48% for longer than normal and I hit RTH. On the way back I got the same sensor error and then drone disconnected and fell from the sky!
Please post the firmware version #

DJI Fly 1.4.12 requires the new and latest firmware. Also - you must update the firmware in every battery you own.

The fact you need to reboot the controller and the drone between battery swaps to get the firmware update to stick is also a pain. One battery took two attempts to get it to flash properly.

Reactions: tlswift58
DJI Fly 1.4.12 requires the new and latest firmware. Also - you must update the firmware in every battery you own.
Source? I almost never have the "latest firmware" installed, but the phone automatically updates the app.
I tend not to update firmware on any electronics I own unless:
  1. I need a new feature only present in the new firmware
  2. There is a known bug in the current firmware for a feature I use
Otherwise: "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Reactions: tlswift58
Search these forums. A few people have had issues with erroneous battery readings (one was bat at something like 84% dropping in one step to 44% then 0% and then the drone falls from the sky) when they installed 1.4.12. Maybe a coincidence, maybe a bug, maybe lights in the sky. I installed 1.4.12 and had weird drone readings. I updated firmware and most of the weirdness went away. Then I updated my other batteries, and one of them took a few attempts to get the updated code onto. Still working with DJI on part of the weirdness that hasn't gone away. Also moved back to 1.4.8, wasn't diligent enough to record the firmware version prior to the update, or that'd be downrev'd, too.

As always - YMMV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242