DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 FPV Mode

Trippp

Reactions
I have a new Air 2, everything works as advertised except FPV Mode. I switch from Follow Mode to FPV Mode, but I don't see the horizon on the screen or in the video recording replays, 'banking'. In either mode the horizon is always level. I can go back into the settings and FPV Mode is still selected, but I'm not seeing any difference in the two modes. (yes, the camera's plastic guard is off) Any ideas?

Hmm, not sure about fly, but with the older Go4 you have to press C1 to start the FPV mode, even when menu activated.
Fly might have something similar to activate it ?

The gimbal clamp should always be off when powering up the drone.

Are you sure you're actually moving the "roll" stick? It'll only bank sideways when you ask for sideways movement.

Yes, making coordinated turns with both left and right stick. I'm seeing it bank and change heading, just no indication on screen. This is with the Smart Controller, btw. I'll assign a function button to FPV mode and see if that works, thanks, T

Hmm, not sure about fly, but with the older Go4 you have to press C1 to start the FPV mode, even when menu activated.
Fly might have something similar to activate it ?

The gimbal clamp should always be off when powering up the drone.
C1 engages fixed wing mode on my M1X. Is that different on the newer drones?

C1 engages fixed wing mode on my M1X. Is that different on the newer drones?
The MA2 should show the banked turns as soon as the FPV mode is activated. Any other behavior is likely to be a bug.

The effect of FPV is more subtle than it was. Simply using the roll stick won't cause the horizon to tilt. I found there has to be a combination of flying forward, yaw, and roll to get the horizon to tilt. It doesn't just lock the the gimbal in a horizontal position like it used to.

Skip ahead to 1:15 in this video and you'll see the tilted horizon effect. That's the most I could get it to tilt.

Thanks for the video, I'll try again tomorrow, too windy today. I'll have to look a little harder for any indication of a tilt in the horizon. Too bad it's dumbed down, I thought that was a nice effect. T

Reactions: maggior
Thanks for the video, I'll try again tomorrow, too windy today. I'll have to look a little harder for any indication of a tilt in the horizon. Too bad it's dumbed down, I thought that was a nice effect. T
I’ll tell ya, the more I learn about the newer drones the more I like my old M1X.

MPP ? I think that was a serial # beginning for that.
Gotta say I still love the M1P, and for that matter the Spark, they just seem bombproof.
Yup. MPP=M1X. I have the M1P too but I screwed up the ribbon cable or esc in a hard landing. They have so many things I like that don’t seem as good on newer ones. Like fixed wing mode and seamless connection for FPV with my Goggles RE. Head tracking for the gimbal makes you feel like you’re riding in an airplane. I have the Spark too and I do love that little devil.

Mike

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have the RE goggles too, will have to try the gimbal head tracking.
Do you find it good for smooth gimbal operation, if you turn you head slowly ?
I do. I am actually amazed at how well it works. It just goes where you look, when you look there. The head tracking flight is fun too. I love flying low over the trees with the Goggles. I haven’t been brave enough to do fixed wing mode with the head tracking yet. I only dare play with those mode way up away from everything. Lol

I do. I am actually amazed at how well it works. It just goes where you look, when you look there. The head tracking flight is fun too. I love flying low over the trees with the Goggles. I haven’t been brave enough to do fixed wing mode with the head tracking yet. I only dare play with those mode way up away from everything. Lol

Probably making some MA2 drone owner very jealous here !

They are great in fixed wing mode, neat sort of arc that shows up when banking.
They are great with the Spark too, cable connection of course, so might try some lower flights when I get game, even take it through some tighter places for some different footage.

edit typo

Reactions: slozukimc
This is pretty strange but you need both to go forward and yaw for it to move, no need to press any other button after activating FPV mode.
That's also a surprise for me that it banks only during yaw, not roll!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa