DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ma2 gimbal replaced and this happens

trinibajan

Reactions
Good evening, I crashed my drone and got the gimbal motor over load error, bought a new gimbal and replaced it. When the drone powers on, the gimbal does the normal rotations then starts to shake violently. What is causing this and how to fix it ?

Can any one help me ,I use this drone for work.
In settings on the “about” last tab, scroll down to see serial numbers for all components. Is is showing a serial number for your new gimbal?

1. Did you do an IMU calibration after the crash? Even with the red error not saying it needs one. Hard enough crash to break your gimbal is hard enough to upset your IMU bias on X Y and Z axes. Gimbal needs proper parent (craft) orientation to jive with its own.
2. Then need a compass calibration for same reason plus more. You replaced wiring, maybe a soldering iron was used. All have magnetic fields. Micro gimbal differences (2021 craft with 2022 gimbal) can make a difference.
3. Gimbal is highly dependent on drone attitude (IMU) to know it position relative to parent (craft body).
So that:
4. Did you do the gimbal calibration in settings once the new gimbal was installed?

DJI has proprietary software that needs to be used to pair a different camera to the board. They added that to the newer aircraft that use the FLY app I believe. I would guess that it needs to be paired to the main board by DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60