DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 is a LOT tougher than it looks! (but not that tough)

wali

Reactions
You gotta Love/Hate automation and RTH. MA2 went out of range (too much wifi and too close to the ground). It was doing a great job following my daughter, then went a bit too far for the area. (less than 1000 ft away, but again, low and surrounded by wifi) Lost the signal, auto RTH, then repeatedly up into the trees bashing into them AND KEPT FLYING....for a while. SIX times!!! before it finally bit the asphalt.

That is some crazy video. Reminds me of a punch drunk boxer!!!

Reactions: InvisibleName
Amazing recoveries... Sorta' reminds me of my drinking days.

What did it look like after those collisions? Damage?

You gotta Love/Hate automation and RTH. MA2 went out of range (too much wifi and too close to the ground). It was doing a great job following my daughter, then went a bit too far for the area. (less than 1000 ft away, but again, low and surrounded by wifi) Lost the signal, auto RTH, then repeatedly up into the trees bashing into them AND KEPT FLYING....for a while. SIX times!!! before it finally bit the asphalt.

Persistent little critter!

Which sensors, the top ones? :D
Yeah, I think they forgot to put those on mine. ? Although the fore and aft one's worked pretty good! It stopped in front of that branch just fine. I did'nt see it, but it probbly did a good job of not backing into the one's in the back too.

Fair amount of damage. Must have "landed" on the left side. The front shoulder was dislocated and cracked. The rear left motor mount was left hanging by the wires.
20200805_231602.jpg20200805_231337.jpg

Now I'm debating replacing the arms or using one of my two "refreshes". I'm leaning towards repair as I'd like to save the refreshes for more major damage. Costs about the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada