DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 - Live Stream freezes

tom_123

Reactions
Hi guys,

so I got the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo.
Charged everything, downloaded the latest Dji Fly App for Android (Huawei P30 Pro), did the initial setup and updated the drone + controller firmware.
Everything went well, the drone is flying, I can take photos and record videos.
So far so good.

But I'm having some issues with the live stream.
No matter if I record a video or not, when I fly a little bit further away (just around 150meters) then the live stream freezes.
If I move up, down, left, right or adjust the gimble nothing on the live stream changes.
But the connection is still stable, as the drone moves around just like I intended to.

The only way to make the live stream unfreeze is by either activating the @come home@ feature or get it manually closer to me.

Is this a known issue? I know it should be able to fly much further away - including live stream.

Btw. I did not change any options within the app, all default.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Hi guys,

so I got the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo.
Charged everything, downloaded the latest Dji Fly App for Android (Huawei P30 Pro), did the initial setup and updated the drone + controller firmware.
Everything went well, the drone is flying, I can take photos and record videos.
So far so good.

But I'm having some issues with the live stream.
No matter if I record a video or not, when I fly a little bit further away (just around 150meters) then the live stream freezes.
If I move up, down, left, right or adjust the gimble nothing on the live stream changes.
But the connection is still stable, as the drone moves around just like I intended to.

The only way to make the live stream unfreeze is by either activating the @come home@ feature or get it manually closer to me.

Is this a known issue? I know it should be able to fly much further away - including live stream.

Btw. I did not change any options within the app, all default.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Many things could be going on. Are you flying in wide open spaces or near buildings? Is the Huawei a supported device by DJI?

Post a video of that flight if it's visible in the video.

Radio type interference is the typical reason for video freeze. I'd also do a search for "video freeze" in the forum - sure there are quite a few of them to read thru for help.

Reactions: chicagohistorypod
I had a similar problem with one of the app versions and what I did until they fixed it is go to Transmission tab and change definition from HD to smooth.

Having same issues as you are . Have had it a month and had no issues up until last week. Same phone I've been using everything updated and reupdated.... but even when I'm 5 feet away there is a horrible lag in the camera live feed need help to if you figure it out

Having same issues as you are . Have had it a month and had no issues up until last week. Same phone I've been using everything updated and reupdated.... but even when I'm 5 feet away there is a horrible lag in the camera live feed need help to if you figure it out
I had the same problem with one of the app versions what I did is, go to transmission tab and change the definition from HD to Smooth it does not change picture quality to anything that you are going to notice. Wait until the next update and then try changing it back to HD that's what I did it worked for me....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS