DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 lost connection during flight with full signal

AvalonFate

Reactions
Hi guys,

I just want to share this issues that happend today with my MA2. Let me know if you have same issues.

I order this brand new MA2 from Amazon days ago. I have been flight this amazing drone for couple days. The issue happened today. While I flight the drone, it suddenly lost connection with RC. And right before the connection droped, I check the signal bar, the bar is full. Luckly RTH function is kick in, but the connection never recover while the drone flying back to me.

After I got the drone back, no matter what I do, the drone can't connect to RC anymore. The app just showing the " drone didn't to RC" error on the screen. I try to relink the RC and drone, remove SD card, change phone and cables, refresh RC and drone's firmware. No luck. Still no connection. Also the drone is giving me three beeping sound (one long, two shorts) after I press the power button more than 4 secs for relink. It sound like a error code to me. I think the drone or RC is malfunctioned.

I talk to DJI support, they can't figure out what happened either. They just want me to send the drone back. But since I purchased from Amazon, I'm just gonn use Amazon return, its faster.

This really scared me. Imagine the RTH function didn't kick in, and the drone stay in the air unit the power run out....... what if its hurt someone when free falling..

I still loving the MA2. But I hope its not some issues with hardware that all MA2 has.. I don't know I shoud replace it or just return it and wait a little bit.....

Hi guys,

I just want to share this issues that happend today with my MA2. Let me know if you have same issues.

I order this brand new MA2 from Amazon days ago. I have been flight this amazing drone for couple days. The issue happened today. While I flight the drone, it suddenly lost connection with RC. And right before the connection droped, I check the signal bar, the bar is full. Luckly RTH function is kick in, but the connection never recover while the drone flying back to me.

After I got the drone back, no matter what I do, the drone can't connect to RC anymore. The app just showing the " drone didn't to RC" error on the screen. I try to relink the RC and drone, remove SD card, change phone and cables, refresh RC and drone's firmware. No luck. Still no connection. Also the drone is giving me three beeping sound (one long, two shorts) after I press the power button more than 4 secs for relink. It sound like a error code to me. I think the drone or RC is malfunctioned.

I talk to DJI support, they can't figure out what happened either. They just want me to send the drone back. But since I purchased from Amazon, I'm just gonn use Amazon return, its faster.

This really scared me. Imagine the RTH function didn't kick in, and the drone stay in the air unit the power run out....... what if its hurt someone when free falling..

I still loving the MA2. But I hope its not some issues with hardware that all MA2 has.. I don't know I shoud replace it or just return it and wait a little bit.....
Infant mortality happens among all electronics. The connection to the RC is not necessary for RTH to work, as you confirmed. Sounds like some problem with the RC. Order another one, and I'm sure you won't have a reoccurrence.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Infant mortality happens among all electronics. The connection to the RC is not necessary for RTH to work, as you confirmed. Sounds like some problem with the RC. Order another one, and I'm sure you won't have a reoccurrence.

I agree with you. But since I still in the Amazon return window, im just going to return it.. hope the new one don't have the same issues.

I agree with you. But since I still in the Amazon return window, im just going to return it.. hope the new one don't have the same issues.
If it does, you can return it to Amazon, too! ?
However, that seems unlikely, as this behavior is not a known issue. Enjoy the replacement!

Reactions: AvalonFate
Hi guys,

Even if RTH didn't activate, the drone will initiate a landing if the battery reaches a critical level. Multiple things would need to go wrong for the drone to just drop out of the sky, but this is also why flying over persons or moving vehicles is usually not safe or legal.

Even if RTH didn't activate, the drone will initiate a landing if the battery reaches a critical level. Multiple things would need to go wrong for the drone to just drop out of the sky, but this is also why flying over persons or moving vehicles is usually not safe or legal.

You r right.

Sorry yo hear you’re having a disconnect issue, try this as it happened to me yesterday on another drone.

Reboot your phone, sometimes that fixes the disconnect problem it may be your phone or tablet. This has happened to me previous times with other drones, last night I was flying an Autel Evo 2 and same as you it disconnected only it disconnected during takeoff. Only a few feet away, couldn’t reconnect.

Had flown one battery, landed and changed to another battery. Turned on both controller and drone are connected again, everything is good getting ready to take off then my phone screen goes blank with no picture from drone. What ever I did nothing worked, until I rebooted the phone.

Try this, that may be the problem.

Good luck,
Paul

Hi guys,

Sorry yo hear you’re having a disconnect issue, try this as it happened to me yesterday on another drone.

Reboot your phone, sometimes that fixes the disconnect problem it may be your phone or tablet. This has happened to me previous times with other drones, last night I was flying an Autel Evo 2 and same as you it disconnected only it disconnected during takeoff. Only a few feet away, couldn’t reconnect.

Had flown one battery, landed and changed to another battery. Turned on both controller and drone are connected again, everything is good getting ready to take off then my phone screen goes blank with no picture from drone. What ever I did nothing worked, until I rebooted the phone.

Try this, that may be the problem.

Good luck,
Paul

Understand. Thank you for the reply.

Same thing just happened to me today. Mid flight I can't see nothing in the phone and dont't have LOS so I hit return to home successfully. When in sight I tried to cancel RTH unsuccessfully. There is no phone rc connection , no ac rc connection. I can't be sure the rth was due to the actual button of because the disconnection. Trying to reconnect with no results. It appear to be the same problem. And it was also very strange that it did not landed. It stay hovering about 4 feet above ground and i have to catch it. I can't return it so will have to send it to DJI and sell it after. I have lost confidence in the thing.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Return the MA2 to Amazon while you still have some Warranty left, get a replacement if you can. Good luck.

Hi guys,

Hi. Same thing happened to me. It just return to home and luckily didn't hit a wall near the take-off point. It never reconnect to the r/c no matter what I did. It was 32 days old and Dronenerds accept my return, thankfully. Now I have a Mini2...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S