DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 - Mount Any Tablet

Reactions: InvisibleName
Yeah - my apologies to everyone! First there was an image, but the link didn’t stick, edited the link but it ended up in the title, fixed the title but the image went away, so just linked some text and lost the “t’ in the process. I’ll go back to lurking now . . .

• Haha
Reactions: InvisibleName
Honestly that doesn't look too sturdy to me. Looks like the ipad is just going to come unclipped from the plastic tube at any minute.

I was thinking about using an ipad (im an android phone user but have multiple ipads) on my newly purchased Mavic Air 2, but I am exremely worried about the additional weight.

For people that use tablets, how different and difficult is it? I was thinking about ordering this holder.

Honestly that doesn't look too sturdy to me. Looks like the ipad is just going to come unclipped from the plastic tube at any minute.

I was thinking about using an ipad (im an android phone user but have multiple ipads) on my newly purchased Mavic Air 2, but I am exremely worried about the additional weight.

For people that use tablets, how different and difficult is it? I was thinking about ordering this holder.
Those are legitimate concerns and the minimalist simplicity of the design and materials doesn‘t do much to assuage them. But the vinyl tubing provides a much tighter grip than it appears (look at my thumb! ;o). It works well for me because when I’m flying I’m usually pretty stationary whether I’m standing in a field, sitting on a tail gate, or lounging on the dock. I would never suggest using this style if you’re going to be running, jumping climbing, etc. When I’m likely to find myself in those situations I wouldn’t want to be carrying an unwieldy iPad anyway - I’d opt for one of my spare cell phones.

I like the design of the printed adapter you mentioned. I gave strong consideration to it but was concerned that it would put a great deal of pressure and leverage on the “rods” that it clamps onto (which are actually tubes). I just posted this because I came up with it out of necessity and it checks a lot of boxes that people say they want: it’s compact, inexpensive and and it packs and travels well. There is absolutely no wobble; either lateral or fore & aft. perhaps most significantly it will allow the use of tablets greater than 10.5”. I appreciate your comments and I may attach a safety line through one of the speaker ports in the TPU case in the future.

Last edited:
I use this Etsy adapter and really like it. My iPad mini is held in place very well and tilts upward nicely. I highly recommend it.

I've drawn up and printed mounts like this for different tablets. I've printed and sold a few here, they're actually being delivered to people today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_111426~2.jpg
    IMG_20200807_111426~2.jpg
    923 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200807_111445~2.jpg
    IMG_20200807_111445~2.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Those are legitimate concerns and the minimalist simplicity of the design and materials doesn‘t do much to assuage them. But the vinyl tubing provides a much tighter grip than it appears (look at my thumb! ;o). It works well for me because when I’m flying I’m usually pretty stationary whether I’m standing in a field, sitting on a tail gate, or lounging on the dock. I would never suggest using this style if you’re going to be running, jumping climbing, etc. When I’m likely to find myself in those situations I wouldn’t want to be carrying an unwieldy iPad anyway - I’d opt for one of my spare cell phones.

I like the design of the printed adapter you mentioned. I gave strong consideration to it but was concerned that it would put a great deal of pressure and leverage on the “rods” that it clamps onto (which are actually tubes). I just posted this because I came up with it out of necessity and it checks a lot of boxes that people say they want: it’s compact, inexpensive and and it packs and travels well. There is absolutely no wobble; either lateral or fore & aft. perhaps most significantly it will allow the use of tablets greater than 10.5”. I appreciate your comments and I may attach a safety line through one of the speaker ports in the TPU case in the future.

I really like the simplicity of your design and the fact that it can adjust to multiple sizes. You should sell them online like on ETSY or something. I would maybe have to see more video of the tubing holding the pressure etc to keep it in place. Would just worry me that my tablet would fly out lol.

Thanks DEads. I have a feeling that AIrmaxx23 and some folks in NZ are happy I started this thread . . :eek:)

Reactions: Airmaxx23
What are you using to hold the 2 ends of the cord and where would I get one?

I've drawn up and printed mounts like this for different tablets. I've printed and sold a few here, they're actually being delivered to people today.
Awesome work my friend and thanks for your help in getting a working version for my Galaxy Tab S 6. Arrived today and works perfectly - Will be taking my maiden flight with it later today. THANK YOU for everything.

Reactions: Airmaxx23
Awesome work my friend and thanks for your help in getting a working version for my Galaxy Tab S 6. Arrived today and works perfectly - Will be taking my maiden flight with it later today. THANK YOU for everything.

Thank you for letting me know, I'm glad you like it. Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything else printed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54