DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 ND Filter installation

If you guys are able to remove the "ring" by following those instructions, then I guess I must cosider returning mine. Mine is locked in there and won't come out.

If you guys are able to remove the "ring" by following those instructions, then I guess I must cosider returning mine. Mine is locked in there and won't come out.

You putting the MA2 on it’s back? Make sure to pinch the lens with your fingers and then twist it anti-clock wise. It should just pop off.

Sorry I know I’m repeating what’s said in the vid but I reckon it’ll just be a case of getting it off the once and then should be fine after that.

You putting the MA2 on it’s back? Make sure to pinch the lens with your fingers and then twist it anti-clock wise. It should just pop off.

Sorry I know I’m repeating what’s said in the vid but I reckon it’ll just be a case of getting it off the once and then should be fine after that.
Yep, got it out once, installed the ND filter and that was another nightmare to uninstall. Mine is definitely not right. The pink region of my fingernails are now white from all that pressing!

Reactions: Smalls
Yep, got it out once, installed the ND filter and that was another nightmare to uninstall. Mine is definitely not right. The pink region of my fingernails are now white from all that pressing!

Found it really fiddly myself but once I “mastered” it seems ok now.

Sorry to hear about yours. Not sure how you’ll proceed to get it looked at? Maybe raise a ticket with DJI so it’s at least logged.

My first change was hard when I first took the stock frame off... but now that I’ve done 10+ it’s....mmm... broken in I guess, now they all change pretty easily.

i also followed, and still follow, another member’s advice of using a nitrile glove to avoid fingerprints and get a little better grip on it...

Found it really fiddly myself but once I “mastered” it seems ok now.

Sorry to hear about yours. Not sure how you’ll proceed to get it looked at? Maybe raise a ticket with DJI so it’s at least logged.
I think I will probably sell off my ND Filters to someone who bought the base package and then wait for 3rd party ND Filters that just sit on top of the existing setup. I have a feeling that I will break something during an installation one unlucky day.

My first change was hard when I first took the stock frame off... but now that I’ve done 10+ it’s....mmm... broken in I guess, now they all change pretty easily.

i also followed, and still follow, another member’s advice of using a nitrile glove to avoid fingerprints and get a little better grip on it...
Thanks bud. I will see if mine gets better. :/
But definitely not happy with this mechanism.

Reactions: Cjanefly
Can't get mine off either, and I am very familiar with the process and the attachment mechanism from the M2, where removal works perfectly! If I decide to return it, that's as good a defect as any, for Best Buy to waive their 15% restocking fee without a defect!

All my past DJI drones had also been a pain to remove but as people have already said, it will loosen up after a few off/on cycles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu