DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 not going farther than 1km in fairly congested wifi area

Coheavand

Reactions
Flew my MA2 today (CE) in a fairly congested wifi area.

The drone lost signal even before reaching the 1km mark.

I didn't manage to check on the channel used. But isn't it supposed to change channels automatically if one is too congested?

Suggestions?

Last edited:

I didn't manage to check on the channel used. But isn't it supposed to change channels automatically if one is too congested?

Suggestions?
What was the message you received when you lost the signal?

I cannot recall. But something along the lines of transmission signal loss.

I'll conduct another flight again to get the message.

That said, the MA2 went further than MA1 on FCC mode.

I cannot recall. But something along the lines of transmission signal loss.

I'll conduct another flight again to get the message.

That said, the MA2 went further than MA1 on FCC mode.
And it should go much further, OcuSync is far superrior system. :) Here you can read about the differences between WiFi and OcuSync:

There are members on this forum who could help you further with your question, hope they see this thread.

Reactions: Coheavand
And it should go much further, OcuSync is far superrior system. :) Here you can read about the differences between WiFi and OcuSync:

There are members on this forum who could help you further with your question, hope they see this thread.
Thanks a lot!

If you don’t have line of sight, even 1km may be too much for occusync. Similarly, WiFi and occusync still uses the SAME frequencies of EM waves, it is not unexpected that crowded RF interferes....

Suggestions?

You need to describe the environment you are flying in a lot better or post a picture.

Are you in a city with tons of tall buildings? Are you in a heavily treed area?

and are you flying that low that you lose LOS between controller and drone ?
Too much interference between from buildings, trees, wifi and other such interference.
Yeah, clear LOS is absolutely critical for long range flying. Flying from an elevated area, over lower elevation terrain below you, is even better!

Reactions: DCM-PA
You need to describe the environment you are flying in a lot better or post a picture.

Are you in a city with tons of tall buildings? Are you in a heavily treed area?
There are several tall buildings behind me. In the direction i'm flying towards, its an open space with some construction work. No buildings for at least 1km in that direction.

and are you flying that low that you lose LOS between controller and drone ?
Too much interference between from buildings, trees, wifi and other such interference.
As per regulations here, I'm flying at 90 meters altitude. There's only a metal fence in front of me. Would that be too low?

Yeah, clear LOS is absolutely critical for long range flying. Flying from an elevated area, over lower elevation terrain below you, is even better!

Unfortunately the country I'm in doesn't have much of an elevated landscape. Thanks for the tip though - it'll come in handy!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
As per regulations here, I'm flying at 90 meters altitude. There's only a metal fence in front of me. Would that be too low?
I’ve read some early reviews indicating possible connection issues. Could it be the new controller design?

One reviewer claimed that they had line of sight, but a low brick wall was partially between the controller and the drone causing a complete loss of connection.
They also noticed connection issues just putting the controller behind the carrying case, but did not completely lose connection. They reported not having similar issues with the M2 Pro.
I think it is still too early to tell if it will be a larger issue, or just a fluke.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair