DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 now has zoom function!

On the right side of screen next to record is a 1x in circle. Tap that.

doesn’t seem to be a sliding zoom but fixed which is a shame.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
i'm still at 01.00.0250

How many people have actually received the update?
Looking at the other threads, it’s available to everyone. Have you connected to your drone with internet access?

WOW!! Camera now has zoom capability? Gotta admit I didn't see (or read about) that one coming. ? ??
It's not an optical zoom like the M2Z offers. It's a live, digital crop of the center of the frame, which other drones have offered for quite some time. It comes with a loss of resolution, and throwing away the rest of the frame, while recording only the cropped portion. It enlarges the center for identification, while staying safely away, and deciding whether flying closer is worth it. Good for search and rescue and inspections and wildlife. You can do the same thing in post in PP, selectively cropping, while also retaining all the information in the full frame, and actually decide what part of the frame to zoom into, and not just be limited to a stepped "zoom" of the center. Some tablets also offer the ability to enlarge a selected area of the screen. This is basically the same thing, except it is only the center, and live, during recording, so you can alter your flight, based upon the digital zoom. Very cool! Unfortunately, it is not available in 4K 60fps. Have to drop to 4K 30fps or 2.7K 60fps for any digital zoom. Same is true on the M2Z to get 4x dynamic zoom in 1080p. You are limited to 1080p at 30fps or below for the 4x capability. MA2 takes that one step further, and allows 4x in 1080p at up to 60fps.
2B4DBD2C-7782-44B0-A80B-255D3C8D8CC7.jpeg

982FDB66-5B18-45EB-B194-8BA9A69C891B.jpeg

Last edited:
With the 1.1.6 app update, this FW update also gives full control over the yaw speed and smoothness separately in all three flight settings of Normal, Tripod, and Sport!

Hi all, installed new aircraft firmware as instructed, 01.00.0340, RC ditto.
My DJI App version 1.1.5.

Any ideas as to why I’m not being prompted to update to 1.1.6 ?

Cheers graham.

The latest FW update mentions the addition of x2 Digital zoom in 4K & 2.7K, and x4 in 1080p. Found it - explained at 1 min 50 secs:

An earlier version for the Mioni was for iPhone or iPad only. Will this apply to Android as well?

Reactions: Delmarksman
The latest FW update mentions the addition of x2 Digital zoom in 4K & 2.7K, and x4 in 1080p. Found it - explained at 1 min 50 secs:

GREAT Video. Thanks. If this applies to Android... The Zoom function will be GREAT. ASpart from that, the 45 Waypoint feature will remove, IMHO, the need for Litchi. I am anxiously waiting until MA2 will accept DroneDeploy and Pix4D. Now I can only use my original Air for mapping.

Reactions: Delmarksman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada