DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 only going 2.9mph in normal mode!

Boyce555

Reactions
Hi,
So just had my MA2 out checking the state of my guttering around my house. After this i had a bit of battery left so decided to fly out over some fields. I was in normal mode but it would only reach a speed of 2.9mph! If i switch obstacle avoidance off its fine?
Any ideas?
Thanks.

The log indicates that the craft was in "detour" mode which I believe is tripod mode when the craft's speed was low ( 5 mph ) at full-elevator stick input.

1611501457987.png

Last edited:
Thats strange, i was in normal mode to start with. I only noticed when i gave it full stick forward and it didn't really move! I was switching between modes to see if there was a difference. Sport mode with sensors of was fine.
Have i got an issue with the sensors?

Thats strange, i was in normal mode to start with. I only noticed when i gave it full stick forward and it didn't really move! I was switching between modes to see if there was a difference. Sport mode with sensors of was fine.
Have i got an issue with the sensors?
I suspect that the mode switch on the controller may not be functioning well. I have come across one such report in this forum.

I'm going to refresh everything and test that. I've also contacted dji.

With my MA2, I haven't noticed it on the MM or Mini2 yet, I've had it default to a very low speed, roughly what you're talking about, even if it was in sport mode when I take off. If I raised the altitude or moved the mode switch from whatever its currently on to something else and then back again it seems to clear the problem. It appears to be sort of like an unannounced safety feature. Normally I just get up and go with my MA2 but I had left my dogs MM( yeah, you read that right) at home and she really wanted to chase 'her toy' so I decided to launch the MA2. She almost caught it because it was so slow and it took me a moment to realize before gaining altitude. I've repeated that scenario a few times since and it's always the same. Super slow horizontal movement at lift off until I switch modes or gain about 15-20 feet and then I'm good for the rest of the flight.

• Wow
Reactions: Boyce555 and boblui
I seem to have fixed the issue with a controller refresh via dji assistant 2. Test flight today seamed to be fine, obstacle avoidance worked when flown near my shed. Then max speed reached in normal mode when full stick forward free of obstacles. ?

Reactions: s2seyecle
I seem to have fixed the issue with a controller refresh via dji assistant 2. Test flight today seamed to be fine, obstacle avoidance worked when flown near my shed. Then max speed reached in normal mode when full stick forward free of obstacles. ?
thanks for replying that you have resolved the problem :) as well as the process you followed. Very helpful to others who may experience the same/similar.

Reactions: Boyce555
I had also not flown since before the last updates and noticed slow poke normal mode, where is the DJI assistant 2? DJI website says updates on it are discontinued? :(

Last edited:
Got to take out the MA2 a week ago and now it goes faster in normal speed again, maybe it fixed itself , hmm

Had the same issue yesterday. Everything was fine. Went to sport mode and everything fine but when went back to normal forward speed was greatly reduced. Backwards was fine, just forward effected. Controller was getting fairly low battery so just shut everything down. When fired back up this evening everything seemed fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123