DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Pilot checking in from Pittsburgh, Pa.

PITTMAV69

Reactions
Hello Everyone. I'm pretty stoked that I found this forum. I started flying a short time ago and am almost ready to take my 107 test. I will be offering aerial video/photography services as well as site surveys and aerial inspections for those in the fields of Live Event Production; Electrical; Roofing; Industrial Construction; Scientific; Exploration; Education and Real Estate. I have branched out from my usual career as a professional Lighting and Special FX Designer in the Live Event; Concert Touring and Theater industry. We haven't seen much work these days with public gatherings and concerts all but wiped from existence. That being the case; I decided to take my love of technology and programming into the world of Drone Tech. I will primarily be flying high end video/camera drones but I am also planning to start several custom drone projects involving land and underwater based technology. It's great to be here. Thank you all for having me. Fly Safe.

- "Every Now and Then We Had the Thought; That If We Lived and Were Good; God Would Permit Us To Be Pirates..."
- Mark Twain

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find helpful advice and support here. We look forward to your participation and seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the Forum from Irwin, PA.?
I see in your signature you're from Wexford.
Yepper. That would be correct. I replied in a little more detail to your intro in the other thread. Happy Flying; brother.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. I'll be posting pics and video of my projects as soon as I get some good footage. I'll also post pics of my hard case mod. I'm taking an Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight and customizing the pluck n pull foam so I can carry a complete package. It will hold the MA2; Controller; 4 batteries (plus 1 on board the aircraft); A MavMount; iPad Pro 9.7in; Power Supply and Multicharger strip; extra props; cables and MicroSD Cards. Foam will be coated with Plasti-Dip. Top and Bottom foam sections will also be sealed together with rubber cement.
I look forward to seeing pics and videos of your ideas and mods as well. Thanks again. Fly Safe.

Welcome to you from Hauptmann, in the sovereign state of Texas!

Your needs as a pro are different from those of a hobbyist. You need to develop a high degree of piloting skill. Practice, practice, practice until your stick movements become second nature to you, just as balance adjustments are while riding a bike. You need to be able to make subtle corrections without conscious thought--you just make them. You'll be flying close to stationary objects while doing, say, infrastructure surveillance, where a wrong move could cause a crash.

Be sure to read, reread and reread the manual! Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash, and perhaps lose your bird . Just be sure you know how to retrieve it. Time is money. A lost drone will cost you both time and money, and also perhaps a client.

Good luck with your new endeavor. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to you from Hauptmann, in the sovereign state of Texas!

Your needs as a pro are different from those of a hobbyist. You need to develop a high degree of piloting skill. Practice, practice, practice until your stick movements become second nature to you, just as balance adjustments are while riding a bike. You need to be able to make subtle corrections without conscious thought--you just make them. You'll be flying close to stationary objects while doing, say, infrastructure surveillance, where a wrong move could cause a crash.

Be sure to read, reread and reread the manual! Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash, and perhaps lose your bird . Just be sure you know how to retrieve it. Time is money. A lost drone will cost you both time and money, and also perhaps a client.

Good luck with your new endeavor. Glad to have you with us!
Thanks Thomas. I really appreciate the advice. I'm an "old hand" when it comes to live event production and concert touring but this is an entirely new field of tech to me. Thankfully; I live in an area where I can fly regularly on both my own property and several nearby areas. No excuse for not getting enough practice flight time. It sounds like you have some experience in the professional end of drone tech. I have several contacts that will most likely get me started in the right direction for aerial photography/video for entertainment; film; private parties and corporate events but I'll probably need a push in the right direction when it comes to gaining contacts and clients in the industrial field. Thanks again for your good wishes.
-Kyle

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: old man mavic
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
I just noticed that this posting was really old... and the member has not been online in over 2-years...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr