DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Processor Overheating & DJI Care Refresh Replacement

Flyist

Reactions
This is from my Airdata log:

Aircraft processor overheated. Automatically returning to home (Code: 30185). Aircraft overheated. Automatically returning to home (Code: 120740)

So I let it RTH. The log reads that battery temperature was 99.1 F (37.3 C) and the weather was 55.8 F (13.2 C). I checked the fan and vents. No problem.

Sometimes when I just turned on the RC, DJI Fly, and MA2, I got a processor overheating alert, but the drone hadn't even been placed down on the ground to take off. In the air, the warning disappeared. So I had no log of the problem as it didn't happen when the MA2 was airborne. This time it logged.

I don't want to fly it again. It's too risky. Maybe the drone would RTH. Maybe it wouldn't. Besides, to fly with that problem saps any pleasure.

Perhaps I could fix the problem given advice from experienced members, though I'm not sure I want to, as that might invalidate Care Refresh.

I have some questions. (1) DJI tells me they want $69 to replace the drone under my Care Refresh plan. This does not seem right as the problem is DJI's, not mine. I've already paid for Care Refresh. Did I click on the wrong links? I tried calling them but the line was dead. Has anybody else gotten a replacement without paying? (2) How much would shipping cost me, or does DJI cover it under Care Refresh?

I'd appreciate any advice from those who've had experience with DJI Care Fresh replacements.

Last edited:
If the aircraft is still in its warranty period, I would send it back and request they replace the defective product.
If warranty has expired, pay them their fee and receive a safe flying aircraft.
I would not put one in the air with that kind of issue. Not worth the chance of a mishap with you being the responsible pilot.
Shipping is normally covered by DJI.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I still have a question. Given the web links I found, I wound up being told I must pay $69 for a replacement. Yet, I have Care Refresh and am still under it. This does not seem right. It's not my fault. Is there another approach I can take to DJI?

Last edited:
This May provide some information.

Last edited:
And this.

Search Modes​

All

News
Shopping
Images
Videos
More
Tools

About 166,000 results (0.66 seconds)

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

III. Warranty Period of Main Parts
ProductMain ComponentsWarranty Period
RTF Mavic 2 \ Mavic AirMC12 Months
Gimbal Camera6 Months
Vision Positioning System6 Months
Propulsion system (excluding propellers)6 Months

You haven’t mentioned the age, out of warranty? If over a year using Refresh is only choice. If less, make a warranty claim and get shipping labels sent.

Care Refresh is under a year. I talked to a DJI agent. Her English was Chinese-accented and not easy to understand but she tried to be clear. I am not certain on all she said but she told me that the DJI tech would determine if I paid any replacement cost after I explained the overheating processor was not my fault. When I applied online under Care Refresh they wanted $69. She told me not use that link. The package has been sent to Cerritos, California via UPS. We'll see . . . .

If it makes any difference, I just posted a very long winded topic about my experience with DJI's customer support which ended up being incredibly good.

I had a hardware issue (stuck motor) which only happened once and was reluctant to send in the drone for various reasons.

However, I eventually sent the drone in and not only did they honor the warranty but they actually replaced the entire drone with a brand new factory sealed item, with zero cost to me!
And all that without having any refresh plan at all.

Also, for what its worth, DJI told me that for hardware parts the warranty is 24 months.

I think you did the right thing to just send in the drobe to be inspected. Let us know how it goes.

No-one still elaborated on "I got DJI Care purchased and active, and they want me to pay 69$ to fix something".
Is this normal? Is this right? I thought with Care refresh the policy is "no question asked, we will fix/replace if it aint your fault". What?

Thanks for your response, c64-dev. MaximusCZ, this may answer your question about CareRefresh. As I am still under CareRefresh, I clicked on the DJI web CareRefresh link and saw a $69 fee. I didn't pursue it and then talked to a DJI agent who told me not to click on the CareRefresh link but to click on the other link. I forget its name. I did so and followed the instructions, filled out the form. I printed out the mailing address and scan code, then boxed and sent the drone to DJI no charge . After examining and testing my Mavic Air 2, tech personnel sent me a brand new Mavic Air 2. It flies well and I am happy. Turn around time was quick and customer service responsive.

Reactions: MaximusCZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair