DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 RC Monitor Hood - anywhere but DJI?

OnlyMavic

Reactions
Maybe there's someone who knows better than I where the best places are to get MA2 accessories, other than the DJI Store. I am interested in getting Buy Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller Monitor Hood - DJI Store, but as far as I can tell, it's just not available anywhere other than the DJI Store. I might not be looking in the right places, though. I am really not interested in ordering it from the DJI Store, when they have told me that they are unable to say from where it would ship. They say it could come from the warehouse in China, the warehouse in the UK, or either of the two warehouses in the US. I'm done waiting for shipments from China. Not going to do that anymore. So, do I have any other choices?

Reactions: OnlyMavic
Thank you. I have already been through all of that. The hoods for the MA2 controller available from many sites do not have the same top shade panel which is parallel to the device screen. The DJI hood is just perfect, and it's the one I want. But no one else sells it. No one else sells anything even close. At least, no one I can find. If I want it, I am going to have to chomp down on that stick, and take it like a man. Order it from DJI, and just hope like heck it doesn't get fulfilled from China.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thank you. I have already been through all of that. The hoods for the MA2 controller available from many sites do not have the same top shade panel which is parallel to the device screen. The DJI hood is just perfect, and it's the one I want. But no one else sells it. No one else sells anything even close. At least, no one I can find. If I want it, I am going to have to chomp down on that stick, and take it like a man. Order it from DJI, and just hope like heck it doesn't get fulfilled from China.
They ALL come from DJI which is located in China! ? If they are currently unavailable from China, the other warehouses can't get them either. When they are back in stock, DJI will fulfill your order from the location that will get it to you the fastest, but they still have to ship it to the other warehouses first, so it will likely come directly from China, which is usually fastest anyway, when it has been backordered.

Last edited:
They ALL come from DJI which is located in China! ? If they are currently unavailable from China, the other warehouses can't get them either. When they are back in stock, DJI will fulfill your order from the location that will get it to you the fastest, but they still have to ship it to the other warehouses first, so it will likely come directly from China, which is usually fastest anyway, when it has been backordered.

Their words: "...it will depend on the availability of the item from our warehouse in US, but if there are no stocks, the item may originate from China. We can only identify on where the package will be coming from once purchased and order is being processed."

It's looking more and more like, if I want that hood, I'm just going to have to order it and wait forever. End of.

Or perhaps make your own? The bulk of it looks easy, figuring out the attachment point might be more of a challenge.

Or perhaps make your own? The bulk of it looks easy, figuring out the attachment point might be more of a challenge.

You know... I am just not that crash hot at creative construction like that. I'd much rather buy something produced by someone who has already gone through the wringer for it, and figured it all out. In my book, the hood sold by DJI is the right design. It is a little surprising that it seems no one else is producing something just like it. I cannot find anything as good or better. I'll just have to order from DJI and be happy when it finally arrives weeks later.

Neither was I until I bought an Amish farm with no power, no internet and only rudimentary plumbing in 2014!

Their words: "...it will depend on the availability of the item from our warehouse in US, but if there are no stocks, the item may originate from China. We can only identify on where the package will be coming from once purchased and order is being processed."

It's looking more and more like, if I want that hood, I'm just going to have to order it and wait forever. End of.
Not exactly sure what you are complaining about. If they have one available closer, they will send it to you from there today. If not, it will come in a few days from China, once back in stock! :rolleyes:

I bought a hood for my phantom that got fulfilled out of China! I had it nearly exactly, 48 hours from the time I ordered it. Straight from China to my house in 48hours. I could not believe it! I confirmed it! So, not all things work slowly

I just got mine for my mini, and it's suppose to fit other mavic products. Got it on Amazon. It's the same one as DJI store. I bought it for $1 less then DJI, but saved $8.50 on shipping. Besides, if it don't fit, you can always return it..

I bought a hood for my phantom that got fulfilled out of China! I had it nearly exactly, 48 hours from the time I ordered it. Straight from China to my house in 48hours. I could not believe it! I confirmed it! So, not all things work slowly

Now that's what I like to hear! I went ahead and ordered my Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller Monitor Hood yesterday, and it currently still sits at "To Be Shipped". We'll see.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54