DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Rear B arm broken, planning to glue it out

MangoPolo

Reactions
Well,
For some reason the drone didn't stop while I was accidentally flying it towards my house wall
Usually it stops if an obstacle is sensored but this time it didn't so I "kissed" the wall and fell into my flower pot, and I found it with the tip ripped off. See the pic. I am planning to firstly try to apply some glue and see if it works out that way. Will I be able to deal with the 3 wires soldering them back to the motor? What type of glue should I look for specifically?
What are your thoughts about it? Worth trying in my case? I do not have the refresh insurance and before sending it back to Netherlands for an expensive repair I would like to give it a try. Why not? Please throw with pros and cons in me. I appreciate you getting time reading this. Cheers.

Attachments

• 71BE1CB0-287A-4A3E-A0B5-BF75B1E9FA28.jpeg
    71BE1CB0-287A-4A3E-A0B5-BF75B1E9FA28.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 43
I used super glue plus baking soda to repair a broken mavic mini arm..after initial joining the parts...add extra glue and sprinkle baking soda over the suplus glue...then blow away any unsoaked powder...it sets like concrete in less than a minute...well worth a try as has not broken again .

Last edited:
I'm no expert with no experience in this - but I wouldn't do it. I'd be too worried that it would come apart mid-air and I'd end up with a much more expensive repair. Also, if the AC genuinely goes wrong at a later point, you have definitely invalidated your warranty, whereas if you get it repaired/replaced by a DJI dealer (expensive, I know), at least you have peace of mind which, in my book, is worth a lot

well you asked for advice ,and from my prospective its this
that damage is not a repairable fix using glue ,the end of the arm is subject to many stresses during flight,including vibration
even if you were able to do some sort of fix ,it would not be airworthy,it is your responsibility as the pilot to ensure the airframe is safe ,and quite frankly that would not be
you need to get a complete new arm which comes with a new motor or send it away to be repaired

Base on my experience with glues I can assure you that super glue will NOT work. Get a new arm as suggested above.

New arms, including the motor, are not expensive - as suggested above, that's the only proper way to repair your drone. Make sure that the arm is OEM DJI and not described as "replaces" etc. Before you order parts, make sure there's no other damage - paying particular attention to the arm hinges etc.

Right at the beginning of the Total lockdown and curfew in Melbourne, I broke the front left hand leg of my mini whilst practicing flying in my back garden (anti-bird netting on a fruit tree).

The repair centre was closed and faced at least 6 weeks without drone or anything else for that matter (in the end 3 months). No point ordering new parts as the post system for parcels almost ground to a halt, especially interstate and overseas.

It was either repair or go on meds! Took a risk and tried this repair

It worked. Flew in my backyard (straight up, straight down) + slow control / manoeuvre practicing, and a couple of hours in an empty nearby football park until last week when things opened up and was able to send to repair centre as other issues had also cropped up. Note, never more than 150 metres away and flying low as too many cops and potential "this is not exercise" commentators in the neighbourhood. Potentially stiff fines + arrest.

The drone worked really well.

I would have been happy to cover the cost under care refresh but, after investigating log files, DJI replaced the entire drone under warranty because of Telemetry delay issues. Care refresh still 100%

These were "special" circumstances in that Melbourne was in the world's tightest lockdown, otherwise, it would just have been repaired.

Try it out but with caution until you get new parts. If you feel you can't trust yourself not to be adventurous, don't glue, and just get new parts.

Drones broken leg (arrow). Gaudy decal courtesy of superhero crazy grandchildren.

41ab73f9-55b7-4df0-a12e-9ee59d5b6824.jpeg

Last edited:
If you break your drone be a big boy and repair it like a grown mature adult would do ... I mean it's not that expensive to repair. I'd advise you to take the appropriate steps so you wont lose it someday when that **** comes apart.#nocharge

1 Please dont take the attitude. This is not an aggression let out forum.

2 Read my post fully.

3 As I said. No way to send in for fix as every repair centre in AUSTRALIA was shut down by law.

4 The same day the repair centre opened it was sent in for assessment and was fixed under warranty and no negative comments from DJI national repair centre when I went to collect in person because of the circumstances here in Australia.

5 No way to order in from anywhere especially overseas as all air transport was 100% cancelled and air cargo routed through other countries. it took 9 weeks to air freight a small parcel from Europe to Australia. The Austrlian government 100% sealed off the country, actually locking out 10000s of Australians coming back from overseas.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendystroper