DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Right arm disassembly

peregrines

Reactions
Hi!

I just crashed my MA2 :(
It seems like just the motor (right arm) is broken. I can not spin it like its stuck.
Is there any way to replace it without replacing the whole right arm?
I tried to find information on removing the motor but nobody shows how to take it off. There is just millions of videos how to replace the whole arm :(

Suchergebnisse​

I managed to remove the whole motor. It seems like the "bell" upper part of the housing is bent from the side (crash-impact sideways).
Now I need to find a way to replace it!

IMG_6128.jpg

It be honest I would just swap the entire arm.
Trying to reconnect a motor to the in situ wiring is probably a difficult task.

If you go the "replace the arm and motor" route, be aware the front arm pivot looks to be the same as that fitted to the M2P.
Assuming so, after you have removed the screws from the pivot BUT BEFORE you try to remove the actual pivot from the drone, set the arm to the tipping point between its wanting to snap open and snap closed. This takes the pressure off the pivot and it may more or less drop out, BE AWARE there may be a black plastic thrust washer on top of the arm (there is on the M2P), between the top of the arm and the underside of the relevant bit of the drone's shell, don't lose it if it exists.
Once the pivot is out twist the silver? bit of the pivot to release its spring tension.
When refitting the arm put the silver? bit of the pivot in the old arm and grip the black base of the pivot with pliers etc. then twist the base relative to the arm to reset the pivot to the tipping point, it may take a couple of attempts to get it to sit at the tippong point. Fit the arm and thrust washer and make sure they are aligned and then the pivot may more or less drop back into position, refit the screws then set the arm to the open or closed position and then do your soldering.

Last edited:
Reactions: peregrines
It be honest I would just swap the entire arm.
Trying to reconnect a motor to the in situ wiring is probably a difficult task.

If you go the "replace the arm and motor" route, be aware the front arm pivot looks to be the same as that fitted to the M2P.
Assuming so, after you have removed the screws from the pivot BUT BEFORE you try to remove the actual pivot from the drone, set the arm to the tipping point between its wanting to snap open and snap closed. This takes the pressure off the pivot and it may more or less drop out, BE AWARE there may be a black plastic thrust washer on top of the arm (there is on the M2P), between the arm and the drone shell, don't lose it if it exists.
Once the pivot is out twist the silver? bit of the pivot to release its spring tension.
When refitting the arm put the silver? bit of the pivot in the old arm and grip the black base of the pivot with pliers etc, and twist the base relative to the arm to reset the pivot to the tipping point, Fit the arm and thrust washer and make sure they are aligned and then the pivot may more or less drop back into position, refit the screws and then set the arm to the open or closed position and then do your soldering.
Thank You very much for your help buddy! Will do so!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo