DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 stopped flying forward

wndsurfor

Reactions
I had the drone in follow mode behind a boat. A couple of times it could not keep up. No problem, stopped the boat fly the drone back and started again. Once we got the speed right, the drone was tracking as it should, then I got an aircraft warning. After that warning popped up, the drone stopped following and would could not fly it back to me. (no forward flight). I could move side to side, up and down. We had to move the boat under the drone to recover it. Does anyone know why it would have lost the ability to fly forward?? I was in sport mode the whole time. (This happened two or three times)

I had the same thing happen to me. I was in a field behind my house and got an aircraft warning drone would not go up or forward. But the plane did got straight over my head a few hundred feet up. So it made since to me. But I have had other warnings for aircraft but that was the only time it did that.

It is possible that the drone hit the boundary of a no-fly zone or altitude-limited zone. If it's the latter, you should be able to fly it back once it's altitude is below the limit

Reactions: tlswift58
When an aircraft warning happens to me I stop what I am doing and bring it in or if it will not come to me then go get it.

Time to stop, wait and reset.

I had the drone in follow mode behind a boat. A couple of times it could not keep up. No problem, stopped the boat fly the drone back and started again. Once we got the speed right, the drone was tracking as it should, then I got an aircraft warning. After that warning popped up, the drone stopped following and would could not fly it back to me. (no forward flight). I could move side to side, up and down. We had to move the boat under the drone to recover it. Does anyone know why it would have lost the ability to fly forward?? I was in sport mode the whole time. (This happened two or three times)
All of the drones with the sensors are fallable to the sensors getting completely confused and that creates the drone to freeze as the computer chip starts to loop . perhaps a faster processor would solve that issue .

We recently had it happen when going thru a flock of Sea Gulls and the sensor went mad, lol
and than they just gave up and kept beeping .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

I checked the fly zone. There were no restrictions in that area, and I was at about 20' up. Also I never even saw the aircraft it was warning me about.
Tell me it this is possible, when it stopped maybe it was still in follow mode and I needed to stop that function before I could fly it back?. (I did not think to check this when I was out there)
I am just trying to understand what protocol it was following so I know what to do differently. It was a little nerve wracking to have the drone in hover over the water, but no able to move it back to me.

As others mentioned if it senses an aircraft it may not let you fly closer to where it is, so if it senses an aircraft in error the proper thing to do is probably to go disable airsense.

Does anyone know why it would have lost the ability to fly forward?? I was in sport mode the whole time. (This happened two or three times)

I have read posts about flying the drone with the bright sun in front and the sensors picking it up as an obstacle.

Perhaps this happened to you?

Were you flying with a phone?
Some drones like the Mavic Mini can be flown without a phone, and when they are, they wont go more than eg 20 m away from their home point, if that makes sense? I'm not sure how it is with the Air 2, but just a suggestion.

Tell me it this is possible, when it stopped maybe it was still in follow mode and I needed to stop that function before I could fly it back?. (I did not think to check this when I was out there)
I am just trying to understand what protocol it was following so I know what to do differently. It was a little nerve wracking to have the drone in hover over the water, but no able to move it back to me.
Guessing is never going to solve the mystery but the recorded flight data would show what actually happened.

Just wondering, could you have turned the drone round and flown backwards (or even sidewards) back to the boat, or was it as if you were hitting a barrier at that point?

You ever figure out what happened? Was out in my drift boat this weekend and the same EXACT thing happened. Was in follow mode, then not sure what happened and it stopped in flight. Hovering probably 30 feet up, couldn't go forward or backward. Had to motor back up in the boat and lower the drone down. Wasn't about to test the RTH from a boat that moved from it's starting point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3