DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Template

ycastane

Reactions
I am trying to create a template around the Mavic Air 2 with paper and perhaps even try cardstock as it is all folder up. I am trying to do this so i can then transfer to foam in a pelican case so i can keep my mavic in the case with everything else.

Has anyone done this before or found a stencil i can use?

Thanks,

Could you take a straight down photo and enlarge it to actual size and use that as a template ?

Reactions: ycastane
Could you take a straight down photo and enlarge it to actual size and use that as a template ?

I literally just thought of the same thing. My girl has a cricut and the mat she uses has grid lines which will make it easier at the time of printing. I am even thinking of printing it with the cricut and cutting it and see if it works. Hopefully it does.

Thanks for the suggestion MM!!

Okay I laid the piece that comes in the Mavic air 2 box that holds the drone and just went around it and copied it.then after cutting the foam out fir AC RC and battery’s I gave spayed it with
PLASTI DIP looks like GPC for $39.00

Okay I laid the piece that comes in the Mavic air 2 box that holds the drone and just went around it and copied it.then after cutting the foam out fir AC RC and battery’s I gave spayed it with

**** it, that's awesome!!! Except i threw it away the day i received the drone, way before i knew i was going to buy a pelican case lol. That would have been perfect!!!!

Yeah i plan to do the plasti dip. Unfortunately the foam that comes in the box i threw out and just kept the box since it has the serial and stuff. Hating myself now big time.

There are special shape tools sold online or at hardware shops that are used to recreate profiles, especially useful for joiners and carpenters. They are comprised of a set of adjustable “needles” that fit around an object to accurately transfer the shape to paper, foam, timber etc. They are not very expensive and would enable you to derive sectional profiles for any of the MA2 components, for cutting with a padded case.

There are special shape tools sold online or at hardware shops that are used to recreate profiles, especially useful for joiners and carpenters. They are comprised of a set of adjustable “needles” that fit around an object to accurately transfer the shape to paper, foam, timber etc. They are not very expensive and would enable you to derive sectional profiles for any of the MA2 components, for cutting with a padded case.

Ordered it yesterday since i knew about it but had forgotten the tool. Know exactly what you mean.... Thanks for the help!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost