DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 ( video & photos )

Captinkirk

Reactions
Hi all
Stupid question ( or more so I’m stupid 😂 ) can someone kindly tell me what is the name of the setting or how do I set - when videoing or taking pics cars look like there going fast - I’ve only ever flown my drone took a few pics so I don’t really no how to do this - I’d like to get a bit more in to the photography etc side of things now as I’m more confident with the drone - any help would be great !
Thanks in advance

It's all about the shutter speed ... & you moving away from auto setting for the camera & instead use manual.

Here a short article about it & what you can achieve regarding generate motion in pics/videos:
Playing with Shutter Speed

1648560193268.png

And usually it's not as easy as just making the shutter slower, especially if you have bright day light conditions. If doing that, the whole picture/video will be over exposed ... to much light will reach the sensor. To mitigate this you either stop down the aperture or/and lower the ISO setting ... if you don't have an adjustable aperture or/and it's not enough to fully stop down & the ISO already is on the lowest value, you need to use ND filters which mainly are sun glasses for the camera lens which helps cutting out that excess light that would enter to the sensor when slowing down the shutter.

Google & study up, tons of photography info exists on the WWW ... then just snap away & try different settings.

when videoing or taking pics cars look like there going fast
If you want motion blur in your images or pictures you will need ND filters.
ND filters are like sunglasses for your drone, they will make the image darker, and then the camera of the drone will compensate to get the brightness up, making the shutter speed slower, and increasing motion blur, which is probably what you want. However, you don't want to make the image too dark, because the camera might start increasing the ISO (increasing the noise) to compensate for the brightness.
You should get a kit for your drone that would have at least ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, and maybe ND64 (for longer exposure photos).
For videos, you should use the 180-degree shutter speed. Where the shutter speed should be double your framerate. For example, if your FPS is 30, your shutter speed should ideally be 1/60 or close.
For photos, you can experiment with different shutter speeds and ND filters to get an optimal result.

At night, however, you will not need an ND filter for this effect, because it is already dark enough, use manual (pro) camera mode to play around with shutter speed and ISO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada