DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 when folded-pressure on rear props?

twickers14

Reactions
Hi all. Just slightly worried that the craft when fully folded, rests on the front legs (which is fine) and the props/motors at the rear when folded. It seems to me it is not a great place to rest the rear weight. Only option that I can see is to remove the rear props every time and pop on the rubber discs that protected the motors when unboxing. A bit of a faff but perhaps it doesn’t matter. Would value thoughts.

Hi all. Just slightly worried that the craft when fully folded, rests on the front legs (which is fine) and the props/motors at the rear when folded. It seems to me it is not a great place to rest the rear weight. Only option that I can see is to remove the rear props every time and pop on the rubber discs that protected the motors when unboxing. A bit of a faff but perhaps it doesn’t matter. Would value thoughts.
Never an issue putting the Air2 when folded up flat down. There are 2 tiny protectors on the bottom of the drone that should keep the props for being pressed down when folded. My drone typically sits like that till I put it in the bag - nose down.

Thanks guys. When carrying the craft it’s always nose down in the case but at home, out of the case, it sits base down but as you say the weight isn’t great.

I worry more about the rubber band I use to control the flippy props when stored. Is the band warping my props?

Probably not, but more a concern than the 'weight thrust' placed on the motor thrust bearings that are designed to carry the weight of the drone, and then some.

Don't worry about it if you're using the flymore bag. You are not going to damage the props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S