DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Made the wrong decision!

nodrogthims

Reactions
I thought long and hard about which version to buy but today when my Mavic 2 Zoom arrived I instantly knew I had made the wrong decision. I haven’t opened the package and would be grateful if members could tell me what steps I need to take to swap the 2 Zoom for the 2 Pro. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: mereflyer
haven’t opened the package and would be grateful if members could tell me what steps I need to take to swap the 2 Zoom for the 2 Pro
Contact the seller and return your purchase. You can then purchase what you need.

What did you realize about your purchase that made you decide it was a mistake? I'm not questioning your choice. I want to understand it because I likely will be making a similar decision soon

I suppose it’s my background as a retired professional photographer and I think I would miss the better video and stills quality of the 2 Pro. Not that it’s relevant but I still have my collection of Hasselblad cameras and lenses!

I thought long and hard about which version to buy but today when my Mavic 2 Zoom arrived I instantly knew I had made the wrong decision. I haven’t opened the package and would be grateful if members could tell me what steps I need to take to swap the 2 Zoom for the 2 Pro. Thanks in advance.
either return it or order yourself a pro camera gimbal. i ordered pro mavic and then bought zoom gimbal. just hope it will arrive alive and in the working state.
and i hope very much that in the future the infrared camera will also be hacked to work on this pro model as well, as i think the rest of humanity in less prosperous countries will never be shelling out $2600 for something you can buy for $1200. or less. the hardware is same, so, i hope it is just a matter of time for firmware to be hacked and adjusted to work across all those models.

OP, whereabouts are you located? If you are anywhere in the SE USA, I can demo both of them for you.

If not, I completely understand how you feel. Buyers remorse after dropping $1500 on a drone. Depending on where you bought it from, you might be able to fly it and return it for a full refund. Some shops say no return if flown, return policies vary.

OP, whereabouts are you located? If you are anywhere in the SE USA, I can demo both of them for you.

If not, I completely understand how you feel. Buyers remorse after dropping $1500 on a drone. Depending on where you bought it from, you might be able to fly it and return it for a full refund. Some shops say no return if flown, return policies vary.
Rob a little off topic but I have two questions.
1: can the Mavic Pro Platinum gimble be changed to the zoom gimble?
2: if so what would estimate that would cost.

I bought the MPP last July and really like drone and have no issue with current gimble but as a photographer I am always looking at gear.

I own and like the Mavic 2 Pro camera, but there are times when being able to zoom in is desirable. Would buy a Zoom gimbal and camera and change it out.

Of course I've been a Ham Radio enthusiast for 50 years and have built and serviced my own transmitters, receivers and such. It should be easy. But if you are out in the field with one camera mounted and you end up wishing the other camera was mounted, then I would be scratching my head and wishing I owned both drones. lol

Rob a little off topic but I have two questions.
1: can the Mavic Pro Platinum gimble be changed to the zoom gimble?
2: if so what would estimate that would cost.

I bought the MPP last July and really like drone and have no issue with current gimble but as a photographer I am always looking at gear.

No, unfortunately, the MPP cant accommodate either of the M2 gimbals and the M2 gimbals cant be retorfitted to tany of the MP models..

I had a similar issue after I got married

But when I opened the box, she wasn’t what I had expected. I did use her for a while (only in beginner mode)

After a while I switched her into sports mode but was still no good to me

I even repackaged her (in her wedding dress) but the supplier wouldn’t take her back saying that she had been damaged

:p
Finally, I just cut my losses and on-sold her to a new user.

Much happier now

But when I opened the box, she wasn’t what I had expected. I did use her for a while (only in beginner mode)

I even repackaged her (in her wedding dress) but the supplier wouldn’t take her back saying that she had been damaged

Much happier now
LMFAO!

Reactions: Rnl and mereflyer
I’m in the opposite predicament.
I’m waiting for the MP2 Pro I bought to come in tomorrow. I’ll be looking into the Zoom gimbal later on as long as I like the upgrade that much better than my trusty original Mavic.
Glad my wife doesn’t pay attention to my many drones anymore [emoji6]

Me

Much happier now
Me too...took me 3 models before I got it right

Depending on your resources, consider buying the 2 Pro camera (camera only). Then swap out as needed.

I managed to get a great deal on a sports model, had it over 14 years, (11 officially registered). Mine came with selective sensors and night vision with instant on. When I come to bed late and try and quietly slide in between the sheets without disturbing the bed, she has already seen me walk into the bedroom with her night vision and instant on alert system. So I have to put up with the alarms going off a little.

Mine never came with a user manual, so it has been trial and error all the way but thankfully any errors are always immediately rectified. Plus, I have to say, mine never needs updating and has never disconnected, crashed nor flown always all by itself. I consider myself lucky to have gotten my first one ever and it worked perfectly right from the start and it has been working flawlessly ever since.

Sure I see a few other models with what appears to be more bells and whistles but I always say, no matter how good they look, you know they are causing someone else more grief than the one you are using. If I had to pick one up all over again, I'd still get the same one I currently have and I would never think of getting new skins for mine either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent