DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magenta skies and reflection owens river

eastsidedronr

Reactions
Shot this the other night, same evening as the previous post. I had written off a sunset so was busy shooting straight down comps. I looked up to see this. The sky lit up and all purple. Of course. About that time my low battery warning started 25%. So i scrambled to come up with some comps while keeping an eye on the battery.

It wasnt too far from me so wasnt too concerned til it gave the critically low battery warning and try to land itself. While over the river. ? brought it in with 10% left as i hand caught it. My mav pro never went it auto land so that was a bit of a surprise. But it was using older version of go4. Now i know! I dont usually run down that low but the lighting7B050491-8CF9-4E07-939A-1D144CEAA75C.jpeg warranted it!
Mav 2 pro. Eastern sierra

Great pic! Wonderful colors.
I often find myself pushing battery life left to get a last minute shot myself.

I’d strongly suggest not pushing the battery. I’ve had to learn that lesson quite a few times resulting in forced landings on a few occasions. One time was a water landing just off the shoreline. Another was in a Deeply wooded area that miraculously was witnessed by a hiker and returned to the Discovery Center adjacent to my launch spot. If you must take a few more pics on low battery, make sure it is directly overhead or a safe spot near.

Can’t beat get this type of lighting for an image! With a little post processing it could really look nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest