DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic pro front leg parts

Lordy

Reactions
Hi, I am looking for a front right leg for my mavic pro (UK). Any help would be appreciated.
It is just the leg I need which is held on by 3 screws, I am not sure how this has happened but it must have been while it was stored as I have not hard landed or crashed.
I did contact dji as I have dji care but I basically have to agree that they may charge a £50 assessent fee & hold my drone to ransom if I do not wish to have it repaired. Does anybody know if this is likely? I do have the pre paid return packages on the way but I told them I'd think about it (hence asking on here).

Thankyou in advance

Hi, I am looking for a front right leg for my mavic pro (UK). Any help would be appreciated.
It is just the leg I need which is held on by 3 screws, I am not sure how this has happened but it must have been while it was stored as I have not hard landed or crashed.
I did contact dji as I have dji care but I basically have to agree that they may charge a £50 assessent fee & hold my drone to ransom if I do not wish to have it repaired. Does anybody know if this is likely? I do have the pre paid return packages on the way but I told them I'd think about it (hence asking on here).

Thankyou in advance
Howdy Lordy, check with @Thunderdrones , he probably has the part you need.

No one sells them anymore as its one of the main parts that fail
The arm is about £30-35 off eBay

Just be careful the aerial is glued inside the leg and its easy to break the cable taking the leg off

Dji costs
Screenshot_20170922-212645.png Screenshot_20170922-212747.png

No one sells them anymore as its one of the main parts that fail
The arm is about £30-35 off eBay

Just be careful the aerial is glued inside the leg and its easy to break the cable taking the leg off

Dji costs
View attachment 24815 View attachment 24816
Thanks for that but I couldn' find any on eBay at the minute. I have already had the leg off to temporarily glue it so I didn' end up gluing the whole thing together.

Does anybody actually know the chances of me getting charged by dji considering I have dji care?

I have contacted DJI Hong Kong about this front legs. They said they don't sell just the legs. I really can't think why. They certainly know many people need this part, why don't they sell it? Why "force" people to buy the whole arm? Don't tell me the obvious :D

Reactions: Lordy
There was people like thunderdrones that stripped for parts but ended up with a big pile of parts that didn't sell anywhere near as much

Individual parts from dji are only supplied to approved repair centers that won't sell parts by themselves only repair

Which means the most sort after parts for DIY repair are the hardest to source

Reactions: Lordy
I have contacted DJI Hong Kong about this front legs. They said they don't sell just the legs. I really can't think why. They certainly know many people need this part, why don't they sell it? Why "force" people to buy the whole arm? Don't tell me the obvious :D

When I was looking into replacing my slightly cracked front leg there was discussion about how difficult it was to remove the glued on antenna attached to the leg. Maybe this is why they sell the arms only?

When I was looking into replacing my slightly cracked front leg there was discussion about how difficult it was to remove the glued on antenna attached to the leg. Maybe this is why they sell the arms only?
It is only a dab of soft silicone on the wire or at least it was on mine. The antenna just slides out then.
It is because Apple are c@nts

Well, I see that it's been answered :). Yes, it was easy. I would imagine it is a lot easier than replacing the whole arm. Funny how DJI sell the whole arm but not the leg only ;)

Would people say this is the real mcoy?

It was less than £26 on eBay as linked to me & it certainly looks & feels the part.

Attachments

• 20171117_115139.jpg
    20171117_115139.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20171117_115153.jpg
    20171117_115153.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 20171117_115356.jpg
    20171117_115356.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Nobody? Because certain sellers on this forum charge a lot more for this part & advised it would surely be generic.
In my opinion I do not belive this part is generic.
The colour & texture is spot on, the imperfections in the mouldings are exactly the same as oem, the motor has exactly the same resistance & even the screws are an exact match which are quite distinct in colour & shape with their bevelled/chamfoured head.
My main point is that if anybody needs just a front landing leg then do what I did (thanks for the links & advice) and by this full arm & just swap the leg. I now have a full arm & motor as spares (with wiring & antennea) for a price I was happy to pay for just the leg and of course not have to send it to dji with possible charges of almost double the amount with more downtime.

It looks good at a good price, if you just want the leg I wouldn't worry, the whole arm I would do some low level first and check the log as the motor is the only part that a copy could mess up if it is a copy, but that goes for any critical part from an unknown source

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato