DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference error message

IcoG

Reactions
Hi. New to Mavic

Work fine the first 2-3 times but now getting magnetic interference check app error. Does not let me calibrate drone and it does not seem to want to connect with it. Tried a several times in different locations. Not sure what to do next. Suggestions. Thanks.
IcoG

More info will help.
Which aircraft?
What device are you using?
Flying from the hood of your car?
Details are helpful.

Are you trying to calibrate from the Djigo4 app? Compass Calibration? If that is failing or greyed out, something else may be going on. There are plenty of youtube videos to show the steps to get to the compass calibration, make sure you are using the correct method. The Mavic 2 will give you a compass calibration if you have moved more than 50 miles (I believe it's miles not K) from last flight and if it's been more than 30 days since last calibration. Both are normal.

You are also stating it won't connect, if it won't connect, you would not be getting an error in DJIgo4 as I understand things. It has to connect to the Drone before it can give any errors.

Worst case, download Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.8 from DJI main downloads site, and confirm what firmware level you are on. If you just got the Drone, odds are Firmware is way back level. Drone will connect to PC/Mac via USB3 port on drone and use DJI cable. Assistant 2 for mavic once connected will tell you Firmware version currently installed on both Controller (what controller do you have?) and Drone.

PFC

Reactions: Lbesing
Thank you. I actually have the latest software but I will recheck via the assistant. Interestingly this happened after I traveled some distance so that may surly be part of the issue. I will recheck as soon as I get back to home base. On the app it tells me that the unit is disconnected. Perhaps same issue with travel? Again I will check

There is a section in the app that you can check the imu and compass condition.
Calibration of either one is not a cure all, contrary to popular belief.

Make sure your not near any metal objects when you calibrate. It may not work if so. The "magnetic interference" and sometimes "compass error" notifications will show up when metal objects are in the vicinity.

Reactions: Thomas B
The IMU has nothing to do with the compass.
Recalibrating the IMU won't have any effect on compass issues.
Mine automatically asks me to do a compass calibration every time I do an IMU calibration - not sure why !!!

I do an IMU calibration once every couple of months - if your drone seems to not hover in one spot when it is not too windy - like moves up and down and slightly to the side - it leans a bit - you have a hard landing - something isn't right - here is some good information:

Reactions: PAW
So your drone provides you with visible clues every couple of months that indicates a problem?

I have owned a M2P for a little over six months and fly it fairly regularly and have NEVER had to do an IMU calibration, even on the initial setup. It flys perfectly. If yours requests a calibration on a regular basis I would seriously wonder if something was defective.

Reactions: Thomas B and Starz
I have owned a M2P for a little over six months and fly it fairly regularly and have NEVER had to do an IMU calibration, even on the initial setup. It flys perfectly. If yours requests a calibration on a regular basis I would seriously wonder if something was defective.

I am the same way. I purchased it in Florida and brought it home several months later to another state 1000 miles away; it has never had an IMU calibration nor a second compass calibration since initial setup... so it is rather weird that some have to redo the compass if it is moved over 50 miles.

I too have one of the mavic 2 pro’s that doesn’t open it’s mouth about where it travels to. Luck of the draw I guess. And it won’t get any calibration exercise unless it learns to talk.

Reactions: horizontal
Moving it 50 miles won’t kick off a IMU calibration request. I only have done the IMU calibration 1 time.

Moving it 50 miles or after 30 days both of mine will give a “magnetic interference” error which appears to be a bad choice of words by DJI as the drone is only asking for a compass calibration. You can actually have magnetic interference and need to check the compass screen on DJIGO4.

When the magnetic interference error is actually for a compass Calibration you can drop into the sensors details and see where the app will be asking for a new calibration for the compass.

Just takes a second to do the dance.

Paul C

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest