DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference message

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Mavic pro and would like to know which sensor is responsible for gauging magnetic interference?
Is it in drone or remote?
I replaced the gps unit thinking that would do it but not so..
Also it won’t let me calibrate compass..
Thank you
JohnnyD

The GPS module has nothing to do with magnetic interference. It only receives the signals from the satellites.
The compass in the drone can be affected by metal or magnets close to the drone, and you may receive the message "mag interference".
Check the sensors state in the app, if the compass report error (high value) you need to turn off your drone and move it to another place with no metal close to it, then turn it on and check again.
You say that it won't let you calibrate the compass. Do you get any error messages? Are you outside or away from metal when you try to calibrate?
One of my Mavic 2 Pros gives the mag interference message every time I start it, but it's a false positive. The compass sensor is all green, and the drone points the same direction as the arrow in the map. And it flies perfect. This is a problem with some M2P's, probably some software glitch.

I have a Mavic pro and would like to know which sensor is responsible for gauging magnetic interference?
Is it in drone or remote?
I replaced the gps unit thinking that would do it but not so..
Also it won’t let me calibrate compass..
The compass sensor is what detects magnetic interference.
If the compass sensor is disconnected or faulty, you get the same message as you would with genuine magnetic interference and a functioning compass, and callibration won't work.
Check the sensors section of the app settings to see if the compass is working or not.

Depending on the drone type, check the controller position. Don't stand next to a fence or be wearing an Apple Watch. I think the controller also knows its own orientation on the mini and maybe others?

Depending on the drone type, check the controller position. Don't stand next to a fence or be wearing an Apple Watch. I think the controller also knows its own orientation on the mini and maybe others?
Magnetic interference messages come from the compass sensor in the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake