Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Magnetic interference with phone

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but whenever I set up my mavic 2 pro to fly it is fine until I plug my phone into the controller, after i connect my phone (galaxy s8+) it comes up with the "check app" and magnetic interference warning which I then have to calibrate the compass anytime I want to fly

AMann

Loc
Southern CA
Some phones hae a lot of ferrous metals in them, and any electronics put out electromagnetic interference as well.

jaysrmc

Loc
Phoenix
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but whenever I set up my mavic 2 pro to fly it is fine until I plug my phone into the controller, after i connect my phone (galaxy s8+) it comes up with the "check app" and magnetic interference warning which I then have to calibrate the compass anytime I want to fly
i have the exact same problem but it is on an ipad mini 4. Everything looks great on the screen of the RC until I plug in the ipad then I get magnetic inteference check app. I usually just lift it up and then put right back down and it goes away.

DanMan32

Strange that the USB cable would be the cause.

The phone and RC should usually be sufficiently far away from the AC where it has no bearing.

kilomikebravo

Loc
Corpus Christi, TX
Site
www.youtube.com
I'm with Dan on this and don't see how the cable could be the culprit. I've used a Mini4 (WiFi only) with my M2P many times and have never seen this message. OP, are you taking off from the same position? I know you said every time you fly but you didn't say if you've changed the takeoff location. Mag interference with a GPS drone is absolutely, positively NOT something you want to see. But why the message goes away after a quick liftoff and landing is beyond me. Maybe SAR, Bud, or Rob will have some suggestions.

MOONPIE82

I've flown with both apple phones and android while the apple I'll get no such message but whe flying android I will get the message same spot same drone only the phone differs until j changed out the micro usb

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capcAt-vijdo8-rabjef