DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic or Reversible charging cables: Do they work for you?

Which of these charging cables have you used, and how did you like them?

• I bought the magnetic cable, and it works for charging via the Micro USB port on my controller

Votes: 42 95.5%
  • I bought the reversible cable, and it works for charging via the Micro USB port on my controller

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I bought the magnetic cable, and it DOES NOT work for charging the controller

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I bought the reversible cable, and it DOES NOT work for charging the controller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
I have been using these magnetic and reversible charging cables for almost 9 months, and they work really well for me. I leave one end of the magnetic cable plugged in to my controller, and then when Im ready to charge, I just put the cable near the port, and it snaps itself together magnetically. I use my bottom port for data, so I leave the end of this magnetic cable plugged in permanently.

I also use these reversible USB cables on peoples drones that I repair. No chance of putting it in the wrong way, and wont damage the port.

Which ones have you used, and how did you like them?

I dont get any money for recommending these cables, Im just always looking for innovative accessories to make our lives easier.

Magnetic cables:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XVRBTXK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_eYptCb981Y8RV

Magbetic cables.jpg

Reversible cables:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EV1LEIA/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_98ptCbHWBPKME

Reversible cables.jpg

Last edited:
I have a magnetic cable for every controller I have. I love the way they work. Like you mentioned, get the cable close to the port and it snaps on, couldn't be any easier.

Reactions: Former Member
Thunderdrones
I have a Mavic Air, would it be beneficial for me to use the magnetic cables. I usually unplug the cable that goes into my iPhone and then plug in charging cable am I missing something.
Thank you

Thunderdrones
I have a Mavic Air, would it be beneficial for me to use the magnetic cables. I usually unplug the cable that goes into my iPhone and then plug in charging cable am I missing something.
Thank you
The reversible one would probably work better for you. The issue is that the port is fragile and if you aren't careful plugging the cable in, you can mess up the port. With the reversible cable, there's no worry of trying to plug the cable in upside down which is what breaks the port.

Thunderdrones
Thank you

Yes I would recommend using the side port to charge and the bottom port for data. The side port is very fragile.

Reactions: Rich55 and AMann
I bought the set and have just ordered the set of longer cables with both types of mini USB plugs. As well as using the initial set on my controller i installed a plug on my wifes Huwai tablet. She regularly damaged the charging cables by bending the plugs. Will install the new ones on my S8 and see how it goes. Hopefully i can fly with it.

I'm using the magnetic NetDot cables now for charging my controller, but also have put tips in my phone and tablet to make it easier to charge them ... Total convert!

I just got a set of three in yesterday. Already loving these as I got used to having this setup on my original MacBook Pro.
I put one in my MP RC and the other 2 for other rechargeable things in the house for my wife with tired eyes [emoji6]

I switched to the netdot magnetic cables for my Spark and Mavic after previous threads regarding broken mini usb connectors on the Mavic controller. They work perfectly.
I had marked the top of the charging cables with red nail polish but these just simplify everything.

As an update to this thread, I got my MP out after several months of winter sleep. Of course the controller was basically dead. I plugged in the charger via the magnetic cable and powered up the RC. Immediately got a "stick error" message on the RC. Have never had that message before. On a whim I removed the magnetic insert and plugged in via the regular mini connector and the stick error message immediately went away. Not sure what the relationship is, just passing along what I discovered with mine. Probably I should have removed the magnetic insert for the winter.

Last edited:
I've got the NetDot magnetic ones as well. No problems at all.

A slightly shorter one for use between RC and phone/tablet when it's in a holder would be nice as well. With the right combination of connectors that would make swapping between phone/tablet with the RC and charging all three a breeze.

Reactions: Rich55
Great question. Here is a netdot cable that has a detachable USB C plug that can remain in your controller.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Cha...t=&hvlocphy=9010813&hvtargid=pla-599457232784
Thanks Thunderdrone. I'm a green-as-grass newbie, but I even have seen the contributions you have made on this forum (others too, is my hunch). You are a resource from what I can see asks for little, gives a lot. Thanks again from frigid Ontario, cold howling wind, snow feels like a sandblaster, damp cold goes right through clothes, skin, muscle, fat (mine) right into the skeletal frame. How's your day going?

Great question. Here is a netdot cable that has a detachable USB C plug that can remain in your controller.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Cha...t=&hvlocphy=9010813&hvtargid=pla-599457232784

I ordered the cables but maybe I'm not clear but wouldn't you just need an adapter that plugs in once to the side port and you end up plugging the charging cable from the charger into the adapter?Why would you need a cable hanging out of the side port when using the controller.

I have been using the magnetic one's for quite some time now, I have kids that can "DESTROY" a micro usb in weeks. I have worn out the square trade warranty company on several tablets and phones. As of today because of the magnetic cables I have yet to file another claim related to the micro usb ports. I do blow them out with compressed air from time to time just to keep them free from debris.

I am now using them on my RC to save the micro usb port from damage. Works like a champ!

I ordered a 20 pack on ebay from china... If I remember they were about 2 bucks each.

Which is "ultimately" better... opinions aside? Magnetic or Reversible? My thought is to use on the controller side port. I see pros/cons of both. But since I've never bought any, I dunno

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580