DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnification/Zoom w/Goggles

TR Ganey

Reactions
When I was having trouble connecting my goggles I watched ever youtube video I could to educate myself. That issue has been cleared up and I'm all good on that now. During watching some of those videos I recall one that showed a way to magnify/zoom your view within the goggles. I have looked through the menus within my goggles and cannot find an adjustment or setting for that. Is there a setting for that or have I just confused a video of another model with the DJI RE Goggles?

I have the RE goggles and there is no zoom control on the goggles but when you zoom in using the controller, the goggles show the zoom just as your phone or tablet does. Unless I'm wrong.

Press function button then swipe fowards or backwards with one finger on control panel to zoom in or out

Thanks, I will give it a try.

I re-watched a video today that showed the Zoom function of the RE goggles but it was in the analog mode where they show you how to make them work with the race drones ect. I knew I had seen something about them having a zoom function on a video somewhere.

It is mentioned in the manual download from DJI site. They are more compatible with the MP than any of there other drones the distance has been great also enjoy

Reactions: TR Ganey
It is mentioned in the manual download from DJI site. They are more compatible with the MP than any of there other drones the distance has been great also enjoy

I went back and re read the manual again and what you mention applies to the Mavic Pro I have not had a chance yet to try it on the M2P

Could you let me know what your range is like as I'm thinking about upgrading soon but have seen a lot of posts with people complaining about this issue. Thanks

My zoom has been working good out to over a mile with the RE goggles. I think I was out about 8000 the other day. If they start getting sketchy, I just turn them off and use the Ipad to keep going. However, using the goggles a mile seems more than enough. I am flying out over open fields just outside of town with the buffalo and coyotes wherein the zoom is sure a nice feature to have. In that area there is no problem getting out 4 plus miles without the goggles. So it's a pretty interference free area. In town, I would expect 3000 ft with goggles but I've not tried them yet.

Attachments

• DJI_0003.JPG
    DJI_0003.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 22
My zoom has been working good out to over a mile with the RE goggles. I think I was out about 8000 the other day. If they start getting sketchy, I just turn them off and use the Ipad to keep going. However, using the goggles a mile seems more than enough. I am flying out over open fields just outside of town with the buffalo and coyotes wherein the zoom is sure a nice feature to have. In that area there is no problem getting out 4 plus miles without the goggles. So it's a pretty interference free area. In town, I would expect 3000 ft with goggles but I've not tried them yet.
I was hoping 4 a lot more with the pro I get out to 3.5 film at 1080p then drops to 720p 0ut to 4.5 + klm that's along shore line east coast NSW au

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55