DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Main Controller Data Error

pmshop

Reactions
Did the search but no resolutions.
Someone please confirm what this warning message means?
Temperature related?
Specs say
Operating Temperature Range0°C - 40°C
But I was in 34°C with wind.
Saw it on the river flight.
Then freaked because I saw it on my spare MA that was returned from DJI service today.

Last edited:
Sometimes the Main Controller Data Error can be caused by a broken or disconnected IMU. Can you send a screenshot of the sensors menu under Aircraft Settings > Advanced Settings > Sensors. That might help narrow down the issue.

Interesting.
Well, I flew the same craft this morning that just came back from service and the error did not show.
Broken or disconnected would remain that way, wouldn't it?
And remember, this was on two different Mavic Air.
Same day, same relatively high temperature.

Sometimes the Main Controller Data Error can be caused by a broken or disconnected IMU. Can you send a screenshot of the sensors menu under Aircraft Settings > Advanced Settings > Sensors. That might help narrow down the issue.

Got around to getting the screen shots:
20190713_221002000_iOS.png20190713_221230000_iOS.png

My Mavic Air was flying ok. I used it few times two weeks ago. Put it in the bag and yesterday I charged its battery, but when I turned it on, the error popped up: Main Controller Data Error. Under sensors, appears disconnected sensors. I've contacted DJI support and apparently I'll have to send it to repair. It's under warranty yet, thankfully! But I don't know what could cause it. I didn't drop it, it never fell from sky. Mistery...