DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Major Battery Cell Voltage Derivations - is this something to worry about?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, today after checking airdata I found that I had 10 major cell derivations, but all of them one second after another, this was also my first flight with litchi app, probably not related but I thought I will mention it.
Should I worry about it??
Here is the screenshot of airdata:

1641583761779.png

You could send the information to DJI and see if they are willing to do a replacement. Obviously if not you are stuck with it. The most likely first symptom will be diminished flight time possibly coupled with diminished charge time which would be harder to notice.

Reactions: Yaros
You could send the information to DJI and see if they are willing to do a replacement. Obviously if not you are stuck with it. The most likely first symptom will be diminished flight time possibly coupled with diminished charge time which would be harder to notice.
I found out that Litchi saves data every 10 seconds and not every 1 second like DJI Fly does. So it might have been only one second derivation that airdata expanded to 10 seconds. Not worried for now about it.

I found out that Litchi saves data every 10 seconds and not every 1 second like DJI Fly does. So it might have been only one second derivation that airdata expanded to 10 seconds. Not worried for now about it.
That would be my take. I might put a mark on it with a felt pen and see if I got less fly time from it going forward. That would be about it. I haven't seen any conclusive enough specs to try to test it under load.

one thing to be aware of when you are charging your batteries up is to make sure that all the cells are fully balanced,
this part of the process takes place near the end of the charge cycle so always wait till depending on which drone you have, either all the lights go out ,or all of them stay fully on indicating that the charging process has finished
and before take off just have a quick look at the battery info in the app which shows the state of charge in each cell they should be all the same

Keep an eye on it. Eventually, you could have 1 cell collapse on you which will result in a forced landing. Had this happen to me on my Air 1. Several times. Also, try going through the battery maintenance procedure that Airdata recommends.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929